Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox reading video index wrong, only playing part of a video

• 05-05-2009 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been using my Xbox for a media centre for the last 2 months without any problems. But in the last week some files are not playing correctly.

They are new episodes of TV shows and the Xbox only reads the length as 1-2 minutes rather than 22 minutes.

The files play fine on my Mac and the older files I have, all play correctly. When I play one of the new files on the Xbox, the screen goes black but the sound remains when the length goes beyond 2 minutes.

I was using Connect360 for the Mac, but I connected the external hard drive directly to the Xbox and got the same results.

Has any one come across this before? Do I need to transcode all of my files in to a different format

Thanks

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Tok,
    I also started getting this problem - but only randomly.

My workaround is a pain but it works
    1. Convert files to mp4 or m4v using Handbrake on the pc
    2. Copy new file to a memory stick
    3. Whop it into the slot on the front and play from there

Works a treat but is a real pain.
    Saw someone else post a query on the tversity website a few days ago but I have not seen a response yet. FYI - they also tried the PRO version but had the same issue.

Hopefully someone here has the answer though as converting it on my old PC takes hours.

Tok - in searching/trawling the last few days I came across one suggestion that might work - forcing tversity to encode to WMV.

Have not tried it - streaming the video to a different device instead. Just got tired of the randomness of it. Anyway even if you upgrade to PRO the same issue will exist so save your dosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try rewriting the header of the AVI file using MPEG4 Modifier. If the file shows up as having a Packed Bitstream, unpack it.

Nice Mr. E

Have not come across that before - will also give it a shot. :)

Advertisement