Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless broadband help

• 05-05-2009 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I am currently with Perlico and use their wireless modem. There is a PC connected to this and I would like to use a laptop aslo on this but the signal strength is very weak downstairs when trying to connect laptop.
    Can I buy another wireless modem and connect to phone point downstairs so that I can use laptop. WHat kind of modem would be suitable or would their be a conflict with two modems on one phone line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JerryQ

Unless your floors are concrete, your house is enormous or you have foil insulation on the floor, you shouldn't have a problem connecting wirelessly downstairs.
    - check the aerials on your wireless router are correct - one vertical and one horizontal.
    - try setting your wireless network to a different channel; its possible one of your neighbours is using the same channel and its interfering with yours.
    - you could try using a different wireless router: a wireless N router with a wireless N card on your laptop (there's a bundle in PCWorld of both for about 100e)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ryange wrote: »
    ...................Can I buy another wireless modem and connect to phone point downstairs so that I can use laptop. WHat kind of modem would be suitable or would their be a conflict with two modems on one phone line.

There will be a conflict between two modems on the one line.

Advertisement