Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car seat repair

Options
  • 05-05-2009 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

We have a Maxi Cosi Tobi for our toddler but the straps have gone all twisted and uneven, it just about keeps him strapped in but he wriggled out of it yesterday. As we bought from a online supplier in the north and due to the urgency of the need to getting it repaired bringing it back to them is not an option. Any advice on how/where to get it fix quickly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Sorry, can't help you on repairs advice, but maybe ring Tony Kealys or Murphys (in Rathcoole) and they might be able to help?

You may have to just buy a new one, if he can wriggle out of the seat then its urgent. Maybe someone could lend you one while you get yours repaired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Contacted Kealys - at least a week to repair, so, as with most problems in life a bit of brute force got results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

isn't it so sad to say that brite force is needed, the polite understanding customer who is just as put out, if not more that it takes so long but doesnt want to offend could be left waitin for 2 weeks! the inequity!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

I meant using brute force I fixed the twisted straps, not that I terrorised shop assistants into repairing the seat quicker than they would have for less proactive customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

MoominPapa wrote: »
    I meant using brute force I fixed the twisted straps, not that I terrorised shop assistants into repairing the seat quicker than they would have for less proactive customers

:pac:

Great mental image there (re the shop assistants I mean) :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement