Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant and no cover...

Options
  • 05-05-2009 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Okay, we just found out we/herself is pregnant.
    Thing is, we have no Health Insurance, no VHI, Quinn.... nadda.

So....
    ermmm....
    how much is this gonna mount up to? Is there anyways to mitigate it?
    We are both employed at the moment, thank God, but not earning a hell of a lot <24k

Any advice would be great!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Go public doesn't cost anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

The Public route is free..... and is a better service. Congrats:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TheDuderino

Public is totally free? I thought there'd be at least some figure attached. X amount of days in a hospital bed, scans etc etc..?

Thanks for the congrats.... its only starting to setting in. Worry about it all has so far drowned out the woo hoo.
    But then Im a severe worrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

No public should be free.

By going private all you get is 10 mins with the doc at the end and it costs you 5 grand. Go public and you let the experienced midwives deliver the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TheDuderino

Thank you all for the info.... Its a weight off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

You get it free when you go public and you get a six week check for mum (after birth) and a 2 and 6 week check for baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

All is free but depending on whichever hospital you go to the first scan may be as late as 20 weeks. If you want a dating scan or a scan just to see everything is ok you can book a private one.

I had one in the RCSI unit of the Rotunda in Dublin for €100 and it was great seeing baby so small on the screen!!

Advertisement