Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE raw results 05-05-09

• 05-05-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

wwe superstars
    Superstars:
    *Kelly Kelly & Santina Marella defeated Beth Phoenix & Rosa Mendes.
    ]
    wwe raw
    Randy Orton vs. Shane McMahon
    Randy Orton is caught off guard when Shane McMahon sneaks up in the ring. They spill out to the floor and fight up the aisle. Shane with some punches to Orton. As they go through the crowd, Orton regains control. Shane punches back and kicks Orton in the stomach. Shane throws Orton back to ringside, then leaps off the barricade with a clothesline. Orton is put on the announcer's table and Shane goes to the top rope, but Legacy strikes and all three of them beat up on Shane. MVP runs out to make the save, but Legacy is able to overwhelm him, too. They dump him from the ring and focus on Shane. Batista runs out and makes the save, chasing Legacy off.
    Vickie Guerrero comes out to restore some order. She mixes it up a bit. Ted DiBiase will fight Batista. Cody Rhodes will face MVP. Win and you're in the main event and you get to join Shane or Randy Orton. So potentially, it could be a tag team match, or it could be a 3 on 1 beatdown.
    Matt Hardy vs. Kofi Kingston
    Kofi and Matt trade hammerlocks. Kofi goes after the injured hand. He knocks Matt to the mat. Kofi misses a springboard crossbody out of the corner. Matt pounces and kicks Kofi in the stomach, then he drops him stomach first on the top rope. Hardy with a vertical suplex. He goes for another, but Kofi escapes and hits a neckbreaker. Kofi back with a big drop kick. Cross body connects, but Kofi looks hurt, too. Kofi with his leg drop across Hardy's chest for two. Kofi avoids a back body drop and wins with a kick to Hardy's head.
    Your winner, Kofi Kingston!
    After the match, Kofi goes down when Matt hits him with the cast.
    Santino is in the back with Kelly Kelly calling Vickie Guerrero pig like and making a swine flu joke. Chavo walks up and doesn't like that. He warns Santino not to make fun of his family. Santino agrees, then squeals like a pig.
    Recap of John Cena costing Big Show the match for the number one contendership last week. Big Show walks into Vickie's office and says he wants to end Cena's career. Vickie says he is physically unable to compete, and he won't be cleared for two weeks. She offers to make the match at Judgment Day.
    The Bella Twins walk up to MVP to find out about his View appearance tomorrow, then ask him out.
    William Regal joins Cole and Lawler on commentary.
    MVP vs. Cody Rhodes
    They lock up and MVP gets the advantage with a side headlock. Rhodes with headscissors. MVP with a side headlock on the mat. MVP gets some early covers and knocks Rhodes down. Cody with a drop toe hold. MVP with a side headlock and shoulderblock. Rhodes attacks MVP's leg, then punches him in the head. Leg lock by Cody.
    MVP with some crossfaces. MVP blocks a charge. Belly to belly suplex by MVP. MVP is Ballin'. Rhodes gets out of the ring as Regal offers Rhodes some assistance by taking out MVP's bad leg. MVP can't make it back in the ring, so Cody wins by count out. It goes without saying that he will pick Randy Orton's side.
    Your winner, Cody Rhodes!
    Jerry the King Lawler is in the middle of the ring. Tonight, there will be a sing off instead of a dance off. It's Jillian Hall vs. Festus, who looks spiffy in a bow tie. I'm sure Jillian is singing a song that's on the charts right now, but I don't listen to the radio. It's terrible, though. Festus does his best Chief imitation until Lawler has the bell rung. Festus sings "Tomorrow" from Annie. For whatever reason, Buffalo seems really into it. The bell rings and Festus stops. Festus is the winner by an overwhelming margin.
    The Miz comes out as Jillian pleads for another shot. He takes the mic out of Festus' hand and tosses him out of the ring. He orders them to take the fat, bald virgin out of his ring (he's already out at this point). He recalls that Cena didn't come out to the ring last week, so he surmises that Cena is afraid of him. He asks him where his Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect is. While we ponder that, someone find out where Larry David's Judaism is. He says if he was being called out, he would come to the ring. Cena appears on the Titantron and walks towards the ring. Commercial.
    Back from the break, Miz has been killing time waiting for the commercials to end and he is asking where Cena is. Maybe he is looking for his next movie script. Too late, Miz mailed it to the Rock, who needed more toilet paper. He is packaged for the kiddies and their Cougar moms. Miz calls himself the most talented Raw Superstar there is. He continues to ask Cena to come out. He wants the whole dame thing, not just some. Since Cena didn't show up again, he calls the score Miz 2, Cena 0. Lillian again refuses to count the "win", so he goes to do it himself. Before he can, Cena slowly walks out from behind the curtain. He makes it to the ring, but just then Big Show comes out. Cena puts his hands up as if ready to fight, but he's in no condition and Show easily kicks him to the mat. Show kicks Cena and keeps him from getting up. He sits on Cena and stretches back with a Camel Clutch. Cena is face down on the mat as Show gets up and glares at him. It lasted longer than it looks when you read about it here, but I covered all the action.
    Jared the Subway Guy of all people is the guest ring announcer. I hope Subway is giving WWE a lot of money.
    Mickie James vs. Maryse
    Mickie James wastes no time in attacking Maryse. Mickie with a Lou Thesz Press. Maryse gets the advantage and a two count with a weak cover. She applies a Camel Clutch. Mickie gets up, but Maryse keeps her on the mat. James fights back and kicks Maryse. Mickie blocks a charge, but is thrown off the top turnbuckle. Mickie comes back with a DDT for the win.
    Your winner, Mickie James!
    Batista vs. Ted DiBiase
    They lock up and Batista pushes him off. DiBiase bails from the ring, then gets back in and stomps Batista. Batista is unfazed and he slams DiBiase on the mat. DiBiase floats over and tries to attack, but he is clotheslined to the mat. Batista with an elbow to DiBiase's back. DiBiase back with some punches to Batista's head. Dibiase scores with a neckbreaker, but Batista kicks out at two.
    DiBiase with a chinlock. Batista gets him off and charges in the corner. DiBiase comes off the second rope, but Batista gets his foot up, then spears DiBiase in the corner. DiBiase with a slap to Batista, so he gets more spears in the corner. Batista doesn't listen to the ref count to five, so he gets disqualified. What a lousy finish.
    Your winner, Ted DiBiase!
    So Shane McMahon is on his own against Legacy.
    In the back, Chavo reassures Vickie about taking care of Santino. He then says she has to make sure that MVP and Batista stay out of the main event tonight. If HE were GM, he would threaten to strip MVP of his title and Batista of his title shot. Chavo is clearly playing the role of GM by proxy now, or a less subtle Jeeves.
    The Brian Kendrick vs. Carlito
    Kendrick gets an early advantage. He whips Carlito in the corner, but Carlito comes out with a clothesline, back body drop, and a sit out spinebuster for two. Kendrick kicks Carlito in the head for two. Kendrick goes for Sliced Bread #2, but Carlito shoves him into the corner and gives him a backcracker for the win.
    Your winner, Carlito!
    Recap of Jeff Hardy becoming the number one contender on Smackdown.
    Another Smackdown recap, this time it's how Sherri Shepherd came to be on Smackdown and how MVP will be on the View tomorrow morning. Will any of the View's viewers know who he is? Michael Cole claims to love it.
    Batista apologizes to Shane in the back for messing up. He says Shane can count on him taking the title from Orton in two weeks. Well, Shane's got that going for him, then.
    Legacy (Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase & Randy Orton) vs. Shane McMahon
    Shane peppers Cody with punches to start. He clotheslines Rhodes to the mat, but Cody gets Shane into his corner. Shane quickly gets out. Cody tags Orton in. Orton punches Shane in the head. Shane back with some lefts and DiBiase tags in. DiBiase stomps Shane. Shane takes over and knees DiBiase in the back. Shane with a neckbreaker. He goes to the top rope and hits a top rope elbow drop and slowly covers for two when Cody breaks the pin up.
    On the floor, Cody is thrown into steps and so is DiBiase. Shane gets a chair, but he is blindsided by Orton. Orton tags in and kicks Shane in the stomach, then stomps him. Orton with a knee drop to McMahon's chest. Cody tags in and stomps Shane. Cody goes for a moonsault, but Shane rolls out of the way. DiBiase tags in and punches Shane. Shane blocks a charge and clotheslines DiBiase.
    Orton tags in. Shane tees off on Orton. Shane with a back elbow and he clotheslines Orton out of the ring, then knocks the rest of Legacy out. Shane takes the monitors out of the table and puts Orton on it. Shane goes to the top rope and jumps off, but Orton moves.
    Legacy put Shane's leg on the steel ring steps. Orton smacks it against the steel with a chair. Orton takes the top step and drops it right on the foot that he had hit with the chair. The camera's catch it missing Shane's foot by accident. Orton admires his handiwork. Batista comes out to make sure no further damage comes to Shane. At the top of the stage, Orton tells Batista his Judgment Day is coming. Batista sets up for the post RAW dark match by saying the don't have to wait. Awful main event. Shane was beating three guys on his own for about ten minutes. A 20 minute segment that should have been done in five. Orton stares at Batista to end the show.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

SD is much better than RAW presently

So Legacy take out another McMahon

Another loss for TBK - how long now before his release which is a
    shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

TBK has become a jobber with personality.

Surprised to see Hardy lose after going over at Wrestlemania. Goodbye momentum.

Cody has a lovely lookin moonsault.

Batista has to be turning heel. First, he gets himself disqualified. Then, he comes to chase Legacy away after they take out Shane. Oh, and MVP, who hasn't got all that much reason to hate Legacy, ran out to help Shane before Batista. Either he's turning heel, or he is one of the worst faces of the millennium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Poorest RAW show for a while. I'm actually bored by Legacy and my subconscious clearly is too because i fell asleep during the main event. My favourite part was Santino's impression of a pig. Says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

really poor show. i also fell asleep. caught up there this morning.

the Batista DQ was just atrocious. unless he is turning heel, that was an embarrassment and absolutely pointless.

shane picking off each member in the main event was just boring. i didn't believe in what i was seeing. i mean every time Orton comes up against him he looks a chump. you end up cheering for him when he gets the upper hand, or when Legacy interfere like in the opening match, because you want him to be a strong champion.

the fans have very little to hate...
    1) he's taking out the McMahons ffs.
    2) he just doesn't get booked like a legitimate threat even though he's champion.

yes, he's underhanded, but that's not enough for him to be hated, sorry, he needs to be strong on a consistent basis at some point.

santino's 'pig promo' was, although obviously very childish, very funny and weirdly enough perfectly timed in it's delivery.

MVP could be one of the best heels in the company imo. It's a pity WWE is blessed with Orton, Edge and Jericho in particular right now, as he's being largely wasted as a face. i'll reserve ultimate judgment for now though...

so all in all, poorest show in a long time. they did well to screw it up because momentum was with them after the last little while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

TMVP, who hasn't got all that much reason to hate Legacy, ran out to help Shane before Batista. Either he's turning heel, or he is one of the worst faces of the millennium.

that could just have been because they are trying to build MVP up as more of a face and push him more.....the more he is seen in the main event picture the longer his chances of stayin there, batista is already there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Batista has to be turning heel. First, he gets himself disqualified. Then, he comes to chase Legacy away after they take out Shane. Oh, and MVP, who hasn't got all that much reason to hate Legacy, ran out to help Shane before Batista. Either he's turning heel, or he is one of the worst faces of the millennium.

Lol, funnily enough, i read somewhere that Batista said in an interview that he expects to be turned heel soon - can't find the link but i'm pretty sure it was an interview with the sun in the UK. Seems to be shaping up that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lol, funnily enough, i read somewhere that Batista said in an interview that he expects to be turned heel soon - can't find the link but i'm pretty sure it was an interview with the sun in the UK. Seems to be shaping up that way!

It was with 'The Mirror' i think. He didn't say he expected to turn but that he would like to finish his career as a heel. Since his career is probably only one more year then it could be soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Think i'll save my bandwidth and not bother with this one then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Think i'll save my bandwidth and not bother with this one then.

Save it and watch Smackdown, well until its retooled in a few weeks in persuit of for ratings:pac:
    That show on paper looks horrid, I might watch it after the football later, if nothing better to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

It's a joke that Shane McMahon takes up 20+ minutes with weak punches and weaker armbars, while Carlito and TBK get 2-3 minutes. I'm just hoping this is the last time we have to put up with him playing wrestler. Batista's disqualification made him look stupider than Festus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Shane-O-Mac can be good in ring but he should not be booked as good as main eventers, at this point he should be as booked as good as Cody or Ted imo. him making Orton look bad is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Evilsbane

Shane-O is actually a very entertaining wrestler when booked properly in a tag team. His high-risk maneuvres are more impressive than a lot of main eventers I could mention and can make a match alongside slower heavyweights a lot more zippy. On his own, though, he just doesn't have a full enough repertoire and there are a lot of moves which, in his shape, he just. can't. sell. So it makes more sense to tag him out when such moves are called for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good gods that was an awful show

Are you guys kidding me? Let's get one thing straight. Two matches a year and the highlight of them being a uber high-risk spot to make up for a lack of talent does not constitute as a "wrestler" in my book. Vince McMahon is not a wrestler, Shane McMahon is not a wrestler, Hell Steph was more of a wrestler in the womens division in 2000-2001 than her male counterparts!

Is Shane fun to watch when he's there? If you feel you haven't seen it all before from him, then yes, but other than that, he's a one move spotmunky. But let's not get carried away amonst sticking him in the same category as Austin, Angle, Michaels, Bret and Owen here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Are you guys kidding me? Let's get one thing straight. Two matches a year and the highlight of them being a uber high-risk spot to make up for a lack of talent does not constitute as a "wrestler" in my book. Vince McMahon is not a wrestler, Shane McMahon is not a wrestler, Hell Steph was more of a wrestler in the womens division in 2000-2001 than her male counterparts!

Is Shane fun to watch when he's there? If you feel you haven't seen it all before from him, then yes, but other than that, he's a one move spotmunky. But let's not get carried away amonst sticking him in the same category as Austin, Angle, Michaels, Bret and Owen here! :)

But he can jump from one side of the ring to the other! That's so kewl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

orestes wrote: »
    ya thats PG to the max

orestes wrote: »

That is one move i actually did give him credit for. I'd love to see RVD do the Van Terminator in the 20x20 WWE rings! He barely managed it with the tiny ECW rings! :P

Of course he's not in their league. He does, however, complement better wrestlers as part of a tag team. So many of them do the 'Grr, I'm big and burly' routine that his 'hey, I'm faster and do a lot of toprope moves' routine, one-note though it may be, can be used to give a tag match which has been getting boring a second wind. Can you honestly see HHH doing anything resembling a Coast To Coast? He's like a substitute Rey, since Rey seems to have gotten busted down from the main event scene.

Evilsbane wrote: »
    Can you honestly see HHH doing anything resembling a Coast To Coast? He's like a substitute Rey, since Rey seems to have gotten busted down from the main event scene.

Only reason Shane does that is so that Vince could prevent RVD from doing it to spite him! RVD did it (badly) for almost two years before Shane McMahon did, substituting a bin for a chair. Educate yourself, and watch. :)

And even then, one big move does not save a match. And most of Shane's matches are usually god awful, let's call a spade a spade. He knows it himself. but people tend to forget how sh*t the match actually is because of the mega bump.

And even then, one big move does not save a match. And most of Shane's matches are usually god awful, let's call a spade a spade. He knows it himself. but people tend to forget how sh*t the match actually is because of the mega bump.
    That's my point. A mega bump like that can reinvigorate an audience when a match is getting overlong. The trick is to keep him sidelined the rest of the time. Like I said, he needs good booking. That's why he's usually in 3on3s and is given little to do until the end.

• Advertisement

That's my point. A mega bump like that can reinvigorate an audience when a match is getting overlong. The trick is to keep him sidelined the rest of the time. Like I said, he needs good booking. That's why he's usually in 3on3s and is given little to do until the end.

Good booking won't make a crap wrestler improve though, and in my honest opinion, his novelty act went stale about seven years ago.

Good booking won't make a crap wrestler improve though, and in my honest opinion, his novelty act went stale about seven years ago.
    Well where's his replacement? RVD is gone. There are too few high-flyers left in the main event league on Raw. Smackdown took all the best ones - Rey, Jeff, Edge + Cena (yes I said Edge and Cena but I look at them as all-rounders that can almost any style - Cena is as good as he's hyped).

Well where's his replacement?

Clearly they don't need one!
    RVD is gone. There are too few high-flyers left in the main event league on Raw. Smackdown took all the best ones - Rey, Jeff, Edge + Cena (yes I said Edge and Cena but I look at them as all-rounders that can almost any style - Cena is as good as he's hyped).

How quick people forget HBK's awesome ladder bump at Wrestlemania 22, sigh.
    I do get your point on RAW requiring a few more high flyers, but Edge isn't a high flyer, and Shane was never a high flyer. One risky bump doesn't qualify him as a high flyer, compared to say HBK who can zip around the ring, can do several off top moves, etc.

How quick people forget HBK's awesome ladder bump at Wrestlemania 22, sigh.
    I do get your point on RAW requiring a few more high flyers, but Edge isn't a high flyer, and Shane was never a high flyer. One risky bump doesn't qualify him as a high flyer, compared to say HBK who can zip around the ring, can do several off top moves, etc.
    Exsqueeze me? Edge is not a high flyer? Who INVENTED the TLC match? As for HBK, he started out as a the highest of high flyers, but he's not as young as he used to be, and he can't be in every main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Who INVENTED the TLC match?

If you're going by what they do on TV, Mick Foley.

Exsqueeze me? Edge is not a high flyer? Who INVENTED the TLC match? As for HBK, he started out as a the highest of high flyers, but he's not as young as he used to be, and he can't be in every main event.

Edge hardly did it by himself, and probably did the least amount of flying around in those TLC matches.

HBK barely main events too, for the record. And hasn't done so for many years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

someone is going to call you up on saying edge invented TLC since you put invented in caps so it might aswell be me cos taking part in a match doesent mean you invented it, going by tv that was foley o my.

dang beaten to it by Mr TNA

someone is going to call you up on saying edge invented TLC since you put invented in caps so it might aswell be me cos taking part in a match doesent mean you invented it, going by tv that was foley o my.

Exactly! That's like saying that Shawn was in the very first ladder match, when in actually that accolade belonged Kendo Nagasaki on World Of Sport in 1971!

But I digress...

Edge hardly did it by himself, and probably did the least amount of flying around in those TLC matches.
    Touché.
    HBK barely main events too, for the record. And hasn't done so for many years.
    Exactly. Raw's problem, in my view, is that there are too many hosses. Vince likes beefcakes, I get it, but they're boring as hell to watch in a hoss-vs-hoss match, especially main events which tend to go on forever. Smaller, faster wrestlers like HBK are too few and far between.

• Advertisement

Raw's problem, in my view, is that there are too many hosses. Vince likes beefcakes, I get it, but they're boring as hell to watch in a hoss-vs-hoss match, especially main events which tend to go on forever. Smaller, faster wrestlers like HBK are too few and far between.

I'd still rather a beefcake that can give me a decent match, than a ridiculous gimmick part time worker like Shane McMahon with his one and only bump that lasted ten seconds of a twenty minute stinkfest. :)

But that's just me.

I'd still rather a beefcake that can give me a decent match, than a ridiculous gimmick part time worker like Shane McMahon with his one and only bump that lasted ten seconds of a twenty minute stinkfest. :)

But that's just me.
    I've already said that Shano belongs in a different kind of match. He's not up to holding up one end of a match all on his own.

He's not up to holding up one end of a match all on his own.

Which further backs up my point that he has no right in a ring in a wrestling capacity whatsoever.

Shane is dismal, apart from his stupid dance and his ability to kick a thrash can better than anybody on the roster he brings nothing to the ring. He cant even throw punches properly and is he is the definition of a carry job in the WWE. The fact however he has been figured so prominently when their is tons of hungry talented midcard guys crying out for some exposure is a ****ing disgrace though.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Shane is dismal, apart from his stupid dance and his ability to kick a thrash can better than anybody on the roster he brings nothing to the ring. He cant even throw punches properly and is he is the definition of a carry job in the WWE. The fact however he has been figured so prominently when their is tons of hungry talented midcard guys crying out for some exposure is a ****ing disgrace though.

I never thought i'd see the day that I would agree with Rjd2! Times have indeed changed.

I never thought i'd see the day that I would agree with Rjd2! Times have indeed changed.

But to be honest the opinion that Shane is **** should not just be confined to us. I mean seriously apart from falling of stuff he has always been terrible. His selling as well is utterly dismal, watch him **** up the selling the punt here,while Steph to her credit takes the RKO perfectly, but to be fair Steph is a pro and will probably be running the company in a few years time while Shane will be doing what exactly? Hanging out with Raven?;)

• Advertisement

Very poor Raw I must say. The MVP match was awful, MVP has been so over for the last few weeks and how do they take advantage of this? They stick him in a feud with the momentum killer Regal? The ladies match was awful, the girls have no chemistry and Mickie botched her finisher terribly. Kendrick lost in less than two minutes was sad as it looks likely he wont be on the roster to much longer. The main event was terrible though, Shane vs Legacy, and Shane owns them for all the match? Look at Shane, the man is in terrible shape, cant wrestle for **** and looks nothing like a professional wrestler and he is owning Legacy? Seriously if Taker was doing this I would be pissed but Shane Mc ****ing Mahon?Yuck, thankfully he lost and will be off screen for a while, he can kick as many trash cans as he wants, just do it in private. :mad:

But to be honest the opinion that Shane is **** should not just be confined to us. I mean seriously apart from falling of stuff he has always been terrible. His selling as well is utterly dismal, watch him **** up the selling the punt here,while Steph to her credit takes the RKO perfectly, but to be fair Steph is a pro and will probably be running the company in a few years time while Shane will be doing what exactly? Hanging out with Raven?;)

Shane however does have a good business head on him. If all the business decisions were ultimately left up to him it wouldn't be a bad thing. In fact, i'd place a safe bet that's exactly what will happen.

Because Stephanie would run it into the ground. And i think everyone knows it.

Easy on the youtube vids, we have a video thread for a reason, thanks. :)

Shane however does have a good business head on him. If all the business decisions were ultimately left up to him it wouldn't be a bad thing. In fact, i'd place a safe bet that's exactly what will happen.

Because Stephanie would run it into the ground. And i think everyone knows it.

Maybe,and leave creative to Steph and Hunter? I remember reading reports last year form an ex employee that Steph was more interested in pushing the younger guys while Shane only cared about his mates most notably Batista. It will be interesting to see what happens when Vince goes although knowing him it wont be for a while.

Maybe,and leave creative to Steph and Hunter? I remember reading reports last year form an ex employee that Steph was more interested in pushing the younger guys while Shane only cared about his mates most notably Batista. It will be interesting to see what happens when Vince goes although knowing him it wont be for a while.

I wouldn't even leave creative to Steph! She's horrible at it. I'd happily leave creative to Hunter on the grounds that it was either the creative of Smackdown while he was working on RAW or the creative of either as long as he was retired.

Either way so he couldn't do a Flair/Rhodes/Gagne and book himself to be constantly strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I wouldn't even leave creative to Steph! She's horrible at it. I'd happily leave creative to Hunter on the grounds that it was either the creative of Smackdown while he was working on RAW or the creative of either as long as he was retired.

Either way so he couldn't do a Flair/Rhodes/Gagne and book himself to be constantly strong.

i like the add on! otherwise there would be the "greatest wrestler in the history of the world ever" match between him and everyone else.....and we all know who is gonna win that one!! :p

he does write interesting storylines though....wasnt it him who wrote the "elope with steph" idea when she was in the storyline with test? i enjoyed that, nice twist and good story!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Very poor Raw I must say. The MVP match was awful, MVP has been so over for the last few weeks and how do they take advantage of this? They stick him in a feud with the momentum killer Regal? The ladies match was awful, the girls have no chemistry and Mickie botched her finisher terribly. Kendrick lost in less than two minutes was sad as it looks likely he wont be on the roster to much longer. The main event was terrible though, Shane vs Legacy, and Shane owns them for all the match? Look at Shane, the man is in terrible shape, cant wrestle for **** and looks nothing like a professional wrestler and he is owning Legacy? Seriously if Taker was doing this I would be pissed but Shane Mc ****ing Mahon?Yuck, thankfully he lost and will be off screen for a while, he can kick as many trash cans as he wants, just do it in private. :mad:

Don't forget mvp running out to help shane and getting battered but batista was able to take them on by himself.

The stupid sing off/miz/cena/big show beat down. Who gained from that?
    Fetsus? No...... fat - bald - virgin
    Jillian....... no. next time she sings it should be please release me let me go
    Miz? No he just verbally ran down people making them look like chumps and as such anyone they wrestle are chumps. Before an mvp style vanishing act.
    Cena? No miz called him a joke and then got beat down
    Show? No he beat down a chump!
    Pointless

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Miz? No he just verbally ran down people making them look like chumps and as such anyone they wrestle are chumps. Before an mvp style vanishing act.
    Cena? No miz called him a joke and then got beat down
    Show? No he beat down a chump!
    Pointless

If Miz had ran out after the beat down and pinned Cena it would have saved the segment, without hurting Cena one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If Miz had ran out after the beat down and pinned Cena it would have saved the segment, without hurting Cena one bit.

But then The Miz might have gotten over and that's a no go in the WWE (especially with the treatment of MVP this week).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So no HBK again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

They really need to do something about this bermuda triangle that's causing people that got drafted disappear in the middle of the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

JP Liz wrote: »
    So no HBK again?

Yeah whats that about. Its like he vanished into jolts bermuda triangle that is supposed to be reserved for draftees

nldje0.gif

Just watched it quickly their very poor show. Batista's beatdown at the end was decent, his spear on Ted put Edge's to shame. Nothing else was that enjoyable to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

nldje0.gif

I cant figure out who is more at fault here....

nldje0.gif
    That is DIRE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement