Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

poor colour when converted from raw to jpeg

• 05-05-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

hi guys was photographing all weekend. i done my editing in photoshop when i was finished i converted the files to jpeg because the guy doing the printing can only handle jpeg however they quality is very poor.

need help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

You would need to give a bit more info about your conversion process...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

ok well it was taken with my nikon edited the colur(temperatere, rgb etc) then cropped in photoshop, converted to 8 bit for saving as jpeg........ then bingo poor quality:mad::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

my nikon edited the colur(temperatere, rgb etc)
    ...does this mean you took the photo in JPEG or in RAW, if its in RAW format then I think there shouldn't be a problem with the color. If you let photoshop do the conversion and then try Auto-Levels & Auto-Color in photoshop !
    i done my editing in photoshop
    ...I suppose it depends how much editing you did !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

kinda a little vague - if you posted a sample perhaps it would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

firstly, why can your printer only handle JPG, if they are one off prints being done on an inkjet the person should be able to handle other formats

It sounds like whats happening is your converting from 16bit image to 8 bit image in photoshop

I print 16bit images all the time without problem for people, generally use tiffs, as jpg is only an 8bpc format

are you saying the files dont look good or the prints?

I do a lot of prints for people where they send me jpgs and dont have issues with them

I sometimes have problems when people have push the processing a bit, as they push stuff outside of the gamut of the paper.

• Advertisement

i converted it to jpeg because im getting the prints done with photobox taken from photobox{Important: All photos need to be in JPEG format and up to 10MB in size. The larger the image size the longer it takes to upload. }

i converted it to an 8 bit to allow me to save as a jpeg

i can really give a good example because theres people in them.

So are you say that the jpegs look wrong before you send them to photobox. If not and the prints are coming back looking 'awful', then are you using their colour profiles. You can download off their site. You can also request a calibration chart from them to manually configure your monitor to match their output.

sorry i should have mentioned it before. the file has not being printed yet. its just looking poor when i check the jpeg back on photoshop. also the picture is going to be printed on a election campaign poster so it needs to be A1 in quailty

Well... If you are printing such a large size you should talk to steve (stcstc) about printing them. From all accounts, he does excellent work. Like he said a 16bit tiff file is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

on a election campaign poster
    .....fcek, if I'd known that I wouldn't have tried to help at all !! :eek::P
    /unless its for a 'good politician', no, wait, thats an oxymoron !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if its election posters

give me a shout, not only can i print them i can also mount them on corrie board (the white plastic board used for those things)

Advertisement