Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN Article on the Best Terminator 2 Games

Options
  • 05-05-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭

http://retro.ign.com/articles/979/979651p1.html

An absolute joke they forgot the classic and huge C64 version. I mean it was on of the first cartridges for the system, had 9 excellent levels and was the cover them for the C64 box for aagggeeesss.

That arcade gun one was ace though.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The C64 wasn't popular at all in America though. It was the NES over there or nothing so the editors probably never played a C64. The console T2 games were utter crap, don't know why they are listed and there were multiple Skynet games that should have made it on the list that were excellent and way ahead of their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Was "Terminator: Skynet" not called "Terminator: Future Shock"? It was ace anyway. Loved the arcade and the Game Boy T2 games too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Future Shock was one of the sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked the T2 game when it came out on the C64, but if you say its great now you're looking through rose tinted glasses. The fighting levels were crap, and a 15-puzzle? Come on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr E wrote: »
    I liked the T2 game when it came out on the C64, but if you say its great now you're looking through rose tinted glasses. The fighting levels were crap, and a 15-puzzle? Come on. :)

Nothing rose-tinted about it. If I thought a game was great at the time then it is great for me. I am not going to change my opinion on a game simply due to the passage of time.

Watched that entire video there. Great stuff. Never completed it that fast.

• Advertisement

Maybe I had lower standards when I was 17. :)

I'm a big retro fan, and lots of games from back then stand the test of time.
    T2 ain't one of them!

The game was great at the time I played it. Thats enough for me.

I am hardly going to go back and play it now.

Completely unfair to compare an 18 year old game with the standards of today.

Rose tinted glasses can make any game thats aged terribly seem good. Play Goldeneye now without the rose tinted specs and it's shockingly poor. There's plenty of other games like that, Kid Icarus, Mortal Kombat 2 etc.

Yeah fair enough... I liked it back then too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

noodler wrote: »
    An absolute joke they forgot the classic and huge C64 version. I mean it was on of the first cartridges for the system.

I think you'll find that it was definitely not one of the first C64 cartridges released. The T2 cartridge for the C64 was circa 1991. There were plenty of other cartridge based games for the C64 released a lot earlier than that. Avenger (circa 1982), Jupiter Lander (circa 1982), International Soccer (circa 1983) to name but a few.

TC

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    I think you'll find that it was definitely not one of the first C64 cartridges released. The T2 cartridge for the C64 was circa 1991. There were plenty of other cartridge based games for the C64 released a lot earlier than that. Avenger (circa 1982), Jupiter Lander (circa 1982), International Soccer (circa 1983) to name but a few.

TC

Silly me so.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah fair enough... I liked it back then too. :D

I'm probably as guilty as anyone else for the rose tinted specs effect :)

I don't like it now.

Still great though.

Advertisement