Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Board's Photography Map

• 05-05-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

I had completely forgotten about the Board's map until Tallon mentioned it on another thread.

I have updated it with a few places and was wondering if everyone else would join in. There are some places around, I'm thinking of places like the Comeraghs, that I know nothing about or where the best spots are. It would be great if they were pinned on the map for future exploration.

I think this should also be s sticky. What's the point having such a resource buried in the bowels of the forum?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Wow. It's grown since I created it.

I was pondering putting that stuff into the biki page for Boards.ie/photography. It wasn't something I thought too deeply about. I will sticky a link to it in Expeditions if no one objects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Thanks Danny. Added to favs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Great idea, but its already a stickey

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055536449

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Calina wrote: »
    Wow. It's grown since I created it.

I was pondering putting that stuff into the biki page for Boards.ie/photography. It wasn't something I thought too deeply about. I will sticky a link to it in Expeditions if no one objects?

It sure has but there are plenty of blanks to be filled in. Maybe leave it here for a few days before stickying it so that those who don't venture into the deep will be aware of it? BTW I don't think I have ever been to the biki page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Can anyone add places to the map or should we just add suggestions to this thread? Great resource!

(Three Rock, & Marlay Park would be my starter for 10 :D )

• Advertisement

Anyone can add to it, You need to have an iGoogle account

Tallon wrote: »
    Anyone can add to it, You need to have an iGoogle account

I got an email notification of where you said it is already a sticky but your post isn't here?

Anyway it is. Just goes to show how few venture there :mad: Including myself I might add.......

Valentia wrote: »
    I got an email notification of where you said it is already a sticky but your post isn't here?

:)

:)

God! There is no hope for me!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Is this confined to Ireland only, or can we update with pictures from anywhere?

• Advertisement

Wherever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

+1 for not even knowing it was there before yesterday! I tried adding to it but my brain is still fried and I couldn't figure out how. I guess I need an igoogle account then :)

I'll stick some places in later :) Its a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

The De La Salle Scouts Waterford have put together some good information on the comeraghs here. I put some photography spots up on google maps later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

What can and can't go on it?
    I could add stuff for the motorsports fans etc but that's not what it's for...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

sineadw wrote: »
    +1 for not even knowing it was there before yesterday! I tried adding to it but my brain is still fried and I couldn't figure out how. I guess I need an igoogle account then :)

I'll stick some places in later :) Its a great idea!

+2! Great idea though! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

slightly Off Topic but what ever happened to the calender we had going at one stage

Advertisement