Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Mortgage holiday

Options
  • 05-05-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

I've recently been laid off for a period of time (I will be returning to the job in July). I have a mortgage with First Active, and I was wondering if it would be possible to take a break from payments until I return to work in 10 weeks. I do have enough money to cover my repayments until I go back to work, but I'd like the breathing space, if you get me.

What I'm wondering is, should I take a break from repayments if I can get by for the two months, or would it just be more hassle than it's worth? I'm just unsure if I'd get a bad credit rating or my name would be tarnished when it comes to future loans or whatever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If the payment break is authorised by the bank then it wont affect credit rating. If the bank allow you to and you wont know that unless you ask them, then its a very simple process after that, usually just a letter from yourself formally requesting the break (no explaining why etc)

Advertisement