Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any advice? the more blunt the better!

• 05-05-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Can one of you very intelligent people help me out??

Im getting married soon and have left it too late to start a diet. I have about 5 stone to loose and 18 weeks left. I dont want to do a VLCD tho (been there done that and its just not for me). What are my other alternatives?

Can I calorie count on 1000-1200kcals a day and loose a fair bit?

Im looking for something with a steady almost guaranteed 2lbs a week or more??? Am I looking for a miracle?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Hi Minnie
    There' not going to be a magic pill to give you what you want, if there was, you'd have taken it already. Why don't you just lay out a plan and stick with it. Restricting your calories and exercising intensively 3-5 times a week. I'm sure you've plenty about diets and you know about the specifics. Then when the day comes around, you'll have made a noticeable loss and you'll be surrounded by people telling you that you look different, which will add to the occassion.

good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

post up your current diet so we can tell you what needs to be changed ... but yeah if you aim for 1200 - 1300 calories from good whole foods like fruit + veg and fish + meat and exercise for min of 30 minutes EVERY day is possible you should loose well over 3 stone in that time frame ..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Ha Corkcomp! My diet at the moment is appalling! :o
    I would be ashamed if I posted what I ate.

On a good day ........ Id have organic porridge made with water for breakfast and some canderel to sweeten it. A capuccino about 11. Lunch would be a salad of couscous, lettuce, peppers, onion, slice of ham and maybe a bit of pasta salad. Dinner can be chicken and pasta, stir fry with noodles....that kind of think. id have a low cal snack then with a cuppa in the evenings like a pink and white or a light rich tea.

I love the idea of sticking to 1200kcals or so. Im 5 foot 3 and am 27 with about 5 stone to loose. Would love to get even half off by the wedding. Is it safe to loose weight at 1200kcals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Ha Corkcomp! My diet at the moment is appalling! :o
    I would be ashamed if I posted what I ate.

On a good day ........ Id have organic porridge made with water for breakfast and some canderel to sweeten it. A capuccino about 11. Lunch would be a salad of couscous, lettuce, peppers, onion, slice of ham and maybe a bit of pasta salad. Dinner can be chicken and pasta, stir fry with noodles....that kind of think. id have a low cal snack then with a cuppa in the evenings like a pink and white or a light rich tea.

I love the idea of sticking to 1200kcals or so. Im 5 foot 3 and am 27 with about 5 stone to loose. Would love to get even half off by the wedding. Is it safe to loose weight at 1200kcals?

others may disagree but yeah I reckon 1200Kcals would be safe enough based on your stats .. your diet isnt TOO bad but I would avoid pasta / noodles in the evenings and make sure to eat a LOT of veg for both lunch and dinner ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

Ditch the cappucino (a large can be 200 cals) and get an Americano. Also avoid the pasta salad (prob in mayo) and try to bring your own salads - make your own cous cous without oil at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Better to post what you eat on your bad days TBH, it's unlikely that you'd be five stone overweight if you ate what you posted. I've lost 4.5 stone in a year so it's possible to do it. For you though, exercise as well as diet will be the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

introduce more protein and reduce your carb intake - dont cut it out but just reduce it, as it makes your body slugish.

Advertisement