Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"3"-The Magic Phone Rip Off

Options
  • 05-05-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have just finished over a year and a half on "3" contract and I was looking at changing operator or maybe going to pay as you go Meteor for a while. I asked 3 to unlock my phone and they are looking for a €25 administration fee to unlock the phone. I have changed providers in the past and I would understand if I was breaking my contract but this is after spending on average of €70 a month on phone bills. It is unbelieveable!! But they are reasonable people they dont charge a fee if you wish to upgrade and sign with them for another year!! Is it worth going to Comreg?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They are allowed to charge it, as is any operator so best of luck with Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I have just finished over a year and a half on "3" contract and I was looking at changing operator or maybe going to pay as you go Meteor for a while. I asked 3 to unlock my phone and they are looking for a €25 administration fee to unlock the phone. I have changed providers in the past and I would understand if I was breaking my contract but this is after spending on average of €70 a month on phone bills. It is unbelieveable!! But they are reasonable people they dont charge a fee if you wish to upgrade and sign with them for another year!! Is it worth going to Comreg?
    What is the make and model of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

best of luck getting out of your contract at the end of it even after giving them 30 days notice...!! oh and by the way, they'll probably overcharge you at the end by debiting your account by too much, you can get this back by ringing them and waiting 28 days for a refund to come by cheque...

disaster of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 idontbelieveit

Nokia E65

• Registered Users Posts: 5 idontbelieveit

It took nearly 70 dayds numerous phonecall and emails to get out of the contract, hence the year and a half I was with them!!

• Advertisement

Nokia E65
    I can unlock it for you for €10, drop me a PM if you need details.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

10 quid for an unlock what a rip,I'm posting this in.......wait a minute never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Rebel021 wrote: »
    10 quid for an unlock what a rip,I'm posting this in.......wait a minute never mind

My guess is the breakdown of the 10 quid is

10c to unlock your phone
    €9.90 to know how to do it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Ask the new provider to unlock the phone, most can and will.

Rebel021 wrote: »
    darc wrote: »
    My guess is the breakdown of the 10 quid is

10c to unlock your phone
    €9.90 to know how to do it!:D
    bladespin wrote: »
    Ask the new provider to unlock the phone, most can and will.
    Sticky: ** UNLOCKING FAQ + REQUESTS ** Only post in this thread

Have a read of that thread, it should diminish any speculation...

• Advertisement
Advertisement