Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Sweeteners

• 05-05-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi, I drink alot of tea and coffee throughout the day, about 10-12 cups and would have two sugars in each. I recently switched to 2 sweetener tablets, just wondering if threre are any side effects to these ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Weight loss probably :). If you were putting in teaspoons of sugar to your tea/coffee, then each teaspoon is about 5g of sugar. Which means that you were eating (conservatively) 100g of sugar per day. Sugar is roughly 3kcal per gram, which is an additional 300kcal per day on top of whatever you're eating. Not a gigantic amount, but that's an additional 1lb of fat in your diet every 12 days. If you've been gaining weight, then this should help slow or stop it. If your weight's been pretty stable, you'll probably start losing weight at roughly 0.5lb/week. YMMV however.

I haven't had any problems with them. You'll get sugar cravings after having consumed that quantity of sugar. It won't last long, maybe a week at most. Once you're over them you'll find it much easier to refuse sugary snacks (in fact you might go off them altogether).

Advertisement