Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What HD camcorder for up to €600?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Bought a panasonic SD9 a few months ago really happy with it. Using it in conjunction with a Sony PS3. I think it has been replaced by the SD20 but it seem to be fairly similar. Going for £499 in curry so you might get it cheaper online.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2709457/art/panasonic/hdc-sd20-camcorder-black.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I think the Canon HF100 is around that price. From reading its reviews online, it sounds like a great camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Have a look on www.trustedreviews.com
    Their reviews are very in depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Have a look on www.trustedreviews.com
    Their reviews are very in depth.

Thanks for the link. I was looking for a camcorder review website but all I found was yet another online store/price comparison website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

@ Volthar & AARRRGH

Before you run off and spend your hard earned, you might want to look into a camera JVC have out.

It's a 3CCD hard drive camera which should perform much better in low light and the colours should be better.

Sorry, I can't tell you what the model number is but I saw one in Peats electronics (Newbridge) for about 700 euro. It's the in car cameras they use on Road Wars.

You can probably get it cheaper than that on t'inernet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

FYI - theres one there reduced from €699 to 499

http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/aspx/homepage.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

FYI - theres one there reduced from €699 to 499

http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/aspx/homepage.aspx

Great price but the SR10 doesn't have a mic input socket so you can only record sound on the internal mic (which will probably be sh!te).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hi, there! This is my first post, so I am a bit unsure whether I am doing the right thing here. I find the above posts helpful for what I am intending to do. I would like to buy a good quality but not very expensive DVD camcorder. Since I want to have it by Tuesday, I am thinking of going over to Argos here in Dublin and buy it there. I checked the UK website and this seems to me to be the one I would like to have:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5633393/c_1/1|category_root|Photography|12109590/c_2/2|cat_12109590|Camcorders|12109641.htm

Canon HG10 40GB High Definition HDD Camcorder - Silver/Black
    Excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. 563/3393

Details

* 10 x optical zoom.
    * 200/40 x (selectable) digital zoom.
    * Processor 1/2.7in CMOS.
    * 2.7in vivid LCD multi-angle widescreen.
    * Digital still megapixels.
    * Recording time approx. 15 hours (900 minutes).
    * Sound format dolby digital 2ch (AC-3).
    * Auto and manual focus.
    * Exposures: 13-auto, program (P), AV, TV, CINE, portrait, sports, night, snow, beach, sunset, spotlight and fireworks.
    * Super range optical image stabiliser.
    * Digital picture processing: vivid, neutral, low sharpening, soft skin detail, brightness, contrast, sharpness and colour depth.
    * Auto fade and wipe fade.
    * Special effects black and white, sepia ans art.
    * WL-D86 wireless controller.
    * Recording format AVCHD.
    * High definition 1080i.
    * Hard disc drive 40GB.
    * AV output.
    * Computer connection USB 2.0, Hi Speed, HDMI.
    * Memory card slot Mini SD.
    * PictBridge compatible.
    * Instruction manual included.
    * Nightshot.
    * Software included Corel application disc.
    * Rechargeable battery BP-2L13.
    * Approx. 70 minutes recording per charge.
    * Accessories included in box: WL-D86 wireless controller, Lithium battery (for WL-D9) CR2025, stereo video cable STV-250N, CA-570 compact power adaptor, AC cable, BP-2L13 battery pack, terminal cover, IFC-300PCU interface cable, component cable CTC-100/s, shoulder strap SS-900, digital video solutions disc v.27.o for Win/Mac, guarantee, Canon genuine accessories recommendation leaflet and Corel application guide.
    * Size (H)7.5, (W)8.1, (D)12.9cm.
    * Weight 505g.

What do I use this camcorder for? I will be interviewing people for my research work and I would like to have good enough quality that can be used in future for documentaries, perhaps?

This would be my first camcorder and I know next to nothing about them. I am familiar with Canon EOS SLR and Canon EOS Digital as I have been using them but this would be my first attempt to use camcorders.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

would like to bump this along as someone who is looking for a decent camera for shooting short video clips for blog etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Id swear by canon's HV30 they recently released the hv40 at about 900 I got the hv30 for 600. Just prior to the hv40's release.

Its a suprisingly awesome consumer camera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

If you shop around on ebay you can find a more professional cameras for that budget, it wont be hd but it will have far superious capabilites all around.

Old models of Sony VX, or Sony PD
    eg: sony pd150 has superior nightshots capability, good audio, excellent video quality. You can find them around for $800 which will be around €600.

Don't just got for a hd cameras because of all the hd hype :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Cool v cool
    Not using it through

Advertisement