Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online metal resources???

• 05-05-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I'm doing a genre analysis study as part of a city and guilds project and am looking for any good quality recources about metal with emphasis on techniques (playing and recording) songwriting ( chord structure, the use of melody modes etc.) and the history and evolution of the genre.

Would anyone here have any decent links to sites, even books they'd recommend???

I'd be going more for the ....I guess technical/progressive/Math type stuff as the basis for the study so bands like: Periphery, The Dillinger escape plan, Meshuggah, Black Dahlia Murder, Hero in Error (sorry if these don;t fall under the aforementioned categories I tend to get lost in metal sub-genres)

Any and all help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

If you're picking those bands you'd be wise to go back to Watchtower who pretty much kick started the super technical thing in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

You'd find an extensive amount of them on this site:

http://www.metal-archives.com/

Other ones that spring to mind would be technical are atheist, pestilence, cynic, coroner, mekong delta, hexenhaus, spastik inc, thought industry, gojira, fates warning, alarum, arsis etc

Advertisement