Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is Clattenburg gone?

• 05-05-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have the slightest clue where Mark Clattenburg has gone?

i heard from a friend he got like a 3 month ban from premier games cos of something ferguson said or did but this friend is even more anti-united than i am so i wouldn't believe what he said due to his bias.

Can anyone shed light on where arguably the best english ref is gone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't think it was to do with betting. He had some financial irregularities or something in a business he was involved in, something outside of football.

I think he'll be back soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Try wikipedia first and then come to boards if that hasnt got the answer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clattenburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i wouldn't trust wikipedia on anything. i once read in county meath wolves come down to towns at night and eat children so ya not the greatest source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Iang87 wrote: »
    i wouldn't trust wikipedia on anything. i once read in county meath wolves come down to towns at night and eat children so ya not the greatest source

It's fine when they references.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Newsflash- West Brom are in with a chance of a champs league place....see boards is just as reliable :rolleyes:

Admit it, you just wanted to start a pointless thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Folks I've removed the idle speculation from some posts here. Please stick to the facts for the sake of boards.ie.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

[* citation needed]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Sizzler wrote: »
    Newsflash- West Brom are in with a chance of a champs league place....see boards is just as reliable :rolleyes:

Admit it, you just wanted to start a pointless thread ;)

i will if you admit you just wanted to write a pointless post ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Was he the ref that during some liverpool game was gonna give a yellow card then Gerrard walked by and he put the yellow back in and gave a Red to Liverpools opponent instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Yup thats him. I hope he never goes near the PL again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yup thats him. I hope he never goes near the PL again
    Or the Championship for that matter. I've attended three Forest games at which he's been ref, he's sent two players off and booked another 6 in those two games, he's whistle happy, doesn't let the game flow and if the game gets at all physical (which its supposed to be) he's dishing out needless cards for the fun of it. Terrible ref, rarely admits when he gets a decision wrong. Good riddance.

Advertisement