Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal & SunAlliance house insurance.

Options
  • 05-05-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with RSA and the AA Insurance ?

An elderly relative of mine has her house insured with RSA as a direct customer. She has no broker/agent.

She got a "marketing speak" type letter from RSA last year. She did nothing about it then as she didn't understand it and neither do I having read it recently !!

The RSA letter seems to suggest that the administration work for household insurance policies has been outsourced to AA Insurance. Also, it looks like RSA have actually placed my relative into a contractual situation with AA whereby they are now her insurance brokers. If the latter is correct I regard that as presumptive and high handed...

She queried the situation twice with RSA but has been ignored.

Any insights please ??

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Submit a query in writing to RSA, they are obliged to respond. It might be an idea to get in touch with the AA also, and see if they can shed any light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

It could have something to do with the RSA transferring its Irish Branch business into its Irish regulated entity, Europa General Insurance Company Ltd, EGI although the link that they originally issued back in October 2008 no longer works.

They also recently purchased Benchmark Underwriting. All part of the global insurance consolidation as each insurer aims to survive.

Advertisement