Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Economics

• 05-05-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

Anyone done one of these?
    Is it worthwhile?
    I'm very interested in Economics and am just wondering what kind of career prospects you have coming out of the above course

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 graw

I am considering doing an MA in Economics too. I have been reading different leaflets (booklets) which I got from the Careers Dept in UCD. The prospects seem very good. Naturally, there are opportunities in Banking, Finance and Financial services. [possibly Accounting??] Of course, one could become an Economist. The impression I am getting is that an MA in Economics would really help in finding a well payed job and most certainly make one more employable.

I have two questions.

Could somebody who has studied Economics give us a little more insight to their job and job opportunities which they may have received?

More of concern at the moment, what gpa (out of 4.2) in general would admit one into an MA in Economics? (for both UCD and Trinity) Obviously, a 2.1 is called for but what would be the cut off point, just a rough estimation as I know the school of economics probably keeps this confidential.

Thanks!

Advertisement