Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The American Dream" game

Options
  • 05-05-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

or “the choking game”, “pass-out game”, “space monkey”, “purple hazing”, “dream game”

Just reading an article about this game on the [EMAIL="http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2009/0505/1224245933952.html"]Irish Times website[/EMAIL] and apparently all the kids are doing it.

Seems to have moved on and gotten a bit more Emo compared to my school days, "use a strap of some kind wrapped around their necks to temporarily cut blood flow to the head" WTF?! :eek:

I remember doing it in school many many moons ago, it wasn't a game though, it was just something retarded that everybody done from time to time.

Personally I have very vivid memories of this as the one and only time that I tried it I ended up in hospital with concussion. But the version that I remember was just holding your breath and you'd get someone to push into your chest while standing against the wall. Really stupid looking back. :rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

This idiocy went on for a while in my school. There was also a brief dalliance with blood bonding where they cut their hands and mixed blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

I did it recently, I feel like a tool now. It's more dangerous than you'd think. It's not good to cut off the blood to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

javaboy wrote: »
    There was also a brief dalliance with blood bonding where they cut their hands and mixed blood.

We did that too.

4 kids died of Aids before they found out lil timmy was riddled with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's not good to cut off the blood to the head.

mmmkay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's not good to cut off the blood to the head.

I love any thread that someone can post this seriously in. :D

• Advertisement

I think it's called 'black magic' too, but we help our breath,crossed our arms across the chest then have someone squeeze the chest.

Got it done before and it was crazy I woke up not knowing what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

We used to do it as kids, eh, many many years ago. I don't know where they're going with saying it's a game that came from America :rolleyes:

Breath in and out deeply and fast for a minute or two then a couple of lads push in hard on your chest. You faint and your body goes completely numb, usually waking up a few seconds later with footmarks all over your body as everyone kicked the shít out of you when you were unconcious :mad:
    Well at least that's what we did anyway. Some said they seen the white light like you're supposed to see when you're dieing (if you believe that shít) but I reckon it was just the kicks to the head they were getting when they were on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I got the pushing in the chest method done to me years ago and my friends were freaked out because I was out cold for close to a minute.

When I came to I thought I was waking up the next morning.

Looking back, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Mary Harney and myself played it recently...

...I passed out after spending 3 hours trying to push the air out of her.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My friends did that while I smoked weed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh yeah I remember people doing that in first year of secondary school. I thought it was some kinda vodoo thing:rolleyes:

Why is it called the "American Dream Game" anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I tried cutting the blood flow to the head but my belt was giving my little man a rash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

super-rush wrote: »
    I tried cutting the blood flow to the head but my belt was giving my little man a rash

*Snigger*

Anyway, my cousin broke his nose attempting this game in our school. I remember hearing similar reports as the OP's when I was around 14-15, and he was only person I heard of trying it there. I sincerely doubt that it's as widespread as people say it is.

It was a cold day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

and i thought i was cool by spinning around a few times :(.

Talking about spinning around, has anyone every played a drinking game called 'Spinners'. You stand in the middle of the floor spinning round and round while necking a bottle of Bulmers/WKD/Petrol etc. Saw an ex of mine (moo) and her mates playing this once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just reading an article about this game on the [EMAIL="http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2009/0505/1224245933952.html"]Irish Times website[/EMAIL] and apparently all the kids are doing it.

Self-fulfilling prophecy tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I did this once. It was so weird.

I remember holding my breath and that's it. I woke up seeing green and then realised id fallen face down into grass. My eye was bruised for ages as id hit it off roots from a tree on the ground.

Good times. What a feckin eejit I was. Ah well sure, something else off the list before I die.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Advertisement