Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carroll good enough for F1?

• 05-05-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Adam Carroll reckons that he is good enough to get a F1 drive next year.
    "In F1, again, I know people do rate me. I've proven that any doubts they have ever had, they don't need to have.

"I knew they didn't, but you still have to go and prove yourself in life - I can qualify, I can race, I can overtake and I can win.

"I believe I am a strong enough package that given the right opportunity, I can fight for the world championship in Formula One."

I have never really watched A1 so am not in a position to judge but I'm a bit sceptical as to whether its a proving ground for F1....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

He didn't impress me at the Race of Champions in December. Different ball game I know, but usually a handy driver comes out well at those things, cause the young guys are on their best to prove themselves against the veterans, who are just there for the entertainment purposes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Biro wrote: »
    He didn't impress me at the Race of Champions in December. Different ball game I know, but usually a handy driver comes out well at those things, cause the young guys are on their best to prove themselves against the veterans, who are just there for the entertainment purposes!

ya its a bit mickey mouse 2be honest, hekki kov won it the yr i went , only went coz wanted to see schuey in loebs citroen but he never got to drive it something to do with is contract i think, anyway it was good fun.

how old is carroll now? never watch a1 so dont know much about him might start watching it, is it any good? whens d nxt race? also its one thing to be good enough to make it to f1 its another to hav any kind of success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

enzo7 wrote: »
    ya its a bit mickey mouse 2be honest, hekki kov won it the yr i went , only went coz wanted to see schuey in loebs citroen but he never got to drive it something to do with is contract i think, anyway it was good fun.

how old is carroll now? never watch a1 so dont know much about him might start watching it, is it any good? whens d nxt race? also its one thing to be good enough to make it to f1 its another to hav any kind of success.

Hes 26.

Think the seasons over for this year. Dunno when it starts up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

also its one thing to be good enough to make it to f1 its another to hav any kind of success.[/quote]

you have a point there,
    take bourdais - best driver in indy car by far,
    comes to f1 and he is slower than the other 2 seb's in the same car.

riemann wrote: »
    Hes 26.

Think the seasons over for this year. Dunno when it starts up again.

ah ok i must read up on him anyway, 26 his pushing it for f1 now maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I reckon put him in an F1 car and see how he goes.. Never know till then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

First post in this forum, not a big petrol head.....
    Anyway, caught by chance one of these A1 races on Sky a few weeks ago.Never realised up till that point what it was or that Ireland had a team and were in the running to win it.
    I have to say, I enjoyed the race. I thought there was more Action than the last F1 race I spotted, added interest with speed boosts, bonus points for fast laps and some other leveling factors in the races which made them better to watch.
    I watched the last race in the series last weekend. Fair play to the Irish team for winning it. Not sure how good a driver Carrol is, I wouldnt mind seeing him have a chance in F1 but I really think F1 is STILL too much down to the engineering so he would need to get a decent team......within certain limits, obviously you need a half decent driver.

Kippy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    He already had a test with honda a few years ago.

how did he do in that test? cant actually rem it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

He went quite well, but as you know talent is only one part of being a F1 driver!
    True its money/sponsership that has kept him loosing his gp2 seat.
    I think he would do ok, i dont see him winning the championship but he can do a decent points scoring job for a smaller team.

He went quite well, but as you know talent is only one part of being a F1 driver!

oh i know you need be able to bring the sponsors with you, but i gather his going to be more a pt finnisher in a smaller team rather than the nxt big thing.

• Advertisement

oh i know you need be able to bring the sponsors with you, but i gather his going to be more a pt finnisher in a smaller team rather than the nxt big thing.

Point finisher in a small team could lead to the Next big thing :cool:

vectra wrote: »
    Point finisher in a small team could lead to the Next big thing :cool:

true enought, will be watching out for him anyway.

will be watching out for him anyway.

Hopefully

Advertisement