Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which service to go for?

Options
  • 05-05-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm currently an eircom customer (phone only), and use Ripwave internet. I've decided to get rid of Ripwave because I need wireless internet in my house so that more then one person can use it a time,on laptops and the PS3 etc. I'm just wondering which servie everyone recommends? I'm considering the Eircom talktime friends + 3mb broadband deal for e50 a month. I'm also wondering is it really just as simple as buying the package online, they post out the modem, i plug it in and that's that? thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It can be that simple, yes, when everything works that is. If there are problems, with the line or internal wiring, etc, then no.

You should check out the bundle offerings from the likes of Vodafone, Perlico, UTV, Smart, Magnet etc before making your decision. There may be money to be saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Shop around as Jor El said, you'll find a beter deal.

What services are available in your area?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

RTM wrote: »
    I'm currently an eircom customer (phone only), and use Ripwave internet. I've decided to get rid of Ripwave because I need wireless internet in my house so that more then one person can use it a time,on laptops and the PS3 etc. I'm just wondering which servie everyone recommends? I'm considering the Eircom talktime friends + 3mb broadband deal for e50 a month. I'm also wondering is it really just as simple as buying the package online, they post out the modem, i plug it in and that's that? thanks in advance! :)
    If you already have a phone, it is really that simple to order it. It really makes sense to order the bundled deal, as the cost of the separate services works out more. If the line is ok, you should get it within a couple of weeks. The really nice thing about the eircom deal is the 200 free minutes to Meteor every month. Most people find that calling mobiles is the most expensive part of their bill. If you are able to use them, those free minutes could save you €40 per month. I managed to get on the previous eircom deal which actually gave unlimited free minutes to Meteor. Changed all the mobiles to Meteor also..saving a fortune. There are almost no other deals on offer that offer free mobile minutes. Vodafone/Perlico offer a small number of minutes, but nothing as good as eircom. I also got free Wi-Fi hotspot access with eircom - works in the airport, some coffee shops etc. (I'm not sure whether this is still available)

Advertisement