Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Korean Amateur Player Amazing Free Kicks

• 05-05-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

If its real this guy is amazing.Hard to believe.Lot of comments i read on it seem to suggest he is using a very light ball but even then it would be hard to keep the ball down. All i know is its amazing to watch..What yas think?

^^The shot at :52 seconds in this one seems impossible.Hardly hits it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Better off rolling it down the middle in the first one seeing as there's no keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Looks very fake to me, flights don't look genuine, particularly the way the ball is speeding up as it flies. Also, the fact that the "goalie" never even once touches the ball, even to kick it back, is suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Looks good, but I wonder how he would be with a wall, goalkeeper and defenders in front of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

But can he tackle?

I think its real. Technique is weird. Quick feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

How is that guy an amateur. It's pretty much the exact same thing that Nakamura does but better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

His feet get all twisted like Beckhams.

Damn I hate not being able to see these videos:mad:. I'm guessing it's youtube stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

The ball does seem to speed up on some shots... Surely some team will take a punt on the lad if its legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mad_Max wrote: »
    The ball does seem to speed up on some shots... Surely some team will take a punt on the lad if its legit.

Not if that's the only thing he's good at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Looks fairly fake to me, unnatural trajectory and in one of them the ball bounces back an unatural distance for the way it was hit.

Look in the second video at the set he takes at 1.10, definately looks fake there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

good old Youtube wonderkids... how many of them actually make it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Meh. The word amazing is thrown about way too lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Looks fairly fake to me, unnatural trajectory and in one of them the ball bounces back an unatural distance for the way it was hit.

Look in the second video at the set he takes at 1.10, definately looks fake there

Yeah, a lot of the time the ball bouncing back looks strange.

Either way, a lot of those a decent keeper would save. If they are real, the bend he gets is ridiculous, but it'd give a keeper time to know which side it's going. Once you know that, unless it's hitting the very top corner or post and in (which, admittedly, several of those do), they should have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

About as real as Shaolin Soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Dont know. Some of them look real to me. He gets his foot right around the ball which would generate enough swerve with that power. The change in speed could be the way he hits the ball, on the valve for instance, like ronaldo say, dips and picks up speed at the same time. Then again I could be wrong and we could all be had. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

couldnt care less if its real or not

until he does it facing a wall and a keeper, its not a "free kick" its "kicking a ball into an empty net"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well he does use the smaller goals as a wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

but that doesnt move, does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Could argue some walls of players dont move their arses either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He doesn't even get near the "wall", so I don't think it makes much of a difference that it's not moving...

Anyways, looks pretty sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Soby wrote: »
    Could argue some walls of players dont move their arses either
    Or in tonights case, duck out of the way. :D Good man Nasri. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Surely he can't cope with the pressures of a match situation, or Ronaldo would've let him take one or two.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

fake for sure. Ball flights are weird as are bounces and when it strikes the woodwork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Could be real,all depends on the ball used.
    I used to have an old Scanda football,you could bend it almost at right angles and it would dip like mad.

JPA wrote: »
    Not if that's the only thing he's good at.

David Beckham :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Draupnir wrote: »
    Looks very fake to me, flights don't look genuine, particularly the way the ball is speeding up as it flies. Also, the fact that the "goalie" never even once touches the ball, even to kick it back, is suspicious.

Thought that myself but watch the keeper after shot from 25 seconds into 2nd vid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Looks pretty damn good to me- to do that consistently is quite a talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If he's a half decent player he could probably make a living in a lot of the smaller european leagues. I would have liked to seen 5 or 6 balls in a line hit without the camera cutting away to prove his consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

As has been said, it looks real, but it's not amazing. Yes, the guy has a talent with a dead ball, good technique, but almost all of those free kicks would have been saved by a decent keeper. The ball also appears to be lightweight, which would make it easier to bend.

You would be amazed how many professional footballers can do the same (or similar) in training. The trick is to do it consistently in match situations against good goalkeepers. And even that isn't enough to make him a good player, but if the rest of his game is good it would be a bonus.

It reminds me of kids who can do keepy-uppys for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

If those are real, and the kid is that consistent, then that's amazing. lol @ 'but if there was a good keeper', those free kicks are still kinda hard to stop!

It reminds me of kids who can do keepy-uppys for hours.

Didn't scott parker and joe cole make videos doing keepy uppys and turned out to be pretty decent players. maybe the lad is actually good at the other stuff too, maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

JPA wrote: »
    His feet get all twisted like Beckhams.
    If he was wearing studs he'd break his ankle on his first attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Definite fake, even in the second video where he takes 2 steps up to hit the ball, it goes straight and takes a ridiculous swerve half way through the flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jam-Fly wrote: »
    If those are real, and the kid is that consistent, then that's amazing. lol @ 'but if there was a good keeper', those free kicks are still kinda hard to stop!

What consistent? He may very well have done thousands to get them all on the videos.

A heap of them go in in the middle of the goal too.

Advertisement