Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video Problem with Windows Media center

• 05-05-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Im abit of technotard when it comes to things like this. I have a problem when i try to play movies on wmc i get an error message for every video i try to play from my laptop. Anyone know why this is happeing or know of a solution to solve the problem ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Can you share the error you are getting and what program you are using to share?
    Also do you have the latest XMB on your Xbox with the latest codecs for WMV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

http://tversity.com/download/
    Its the perfect streaming program and works with all xboxs just make sure your firewall is off while its streaming or it wont work.
    Just go into your firewall settings and turn it off and when your done turn it back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

This is the error im getting

"Cannot Play Video
    The file is not recognized and cannot be played. Either the correct codec is not installed or the file is corrupt"

I get the same error for every video i try to play. They all work perfect when i play them on my laptop but when i try to play them on the 360 through windows media center i get that error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

keithkk16 wrote: »
    This is the error im getting

"Cannot Play Video
    The file is not recognized and cannot be played. Either the correct codec is not installed or the file is corrupt"

I get the same error for every video i try to play. They all work perfect when i play them on my laptop but when i try to play them on the 360 through windows media center i get that error.

What sort of file are they? Divx etc should play ok provided you have reasonably up-to-date dashboard.
    +1 for tversity though, its what I use, allows you to play youtube videos etc, I even got Sky News working on it.

If the files are .mkv the xbox will not play them regardless of what codecs you have.
    Also make sure you have all the updates for your xbox.
    If not check the type of file it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Never got it working so just got tveristy its working perfect for me just wondering can ya play mkv files on it ? How did ya go about getting sky news playing is there any chance ya can get sky sports news aswell ?

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Never got it working so just got tveristy its working perfect for me just wondering can ya play mkv files on it ? How did ya go about getting sky news playing is there any chance ya can get sky sports news aswell ?

It doesnt play mkv. I have tried to constantly but M$ just havent brought out an update to play them so it doesnt work.
    With the skynews I'm not sure how it works to be honest Ive never really been too bothered with the news if I want to watch it I have it on the normal channels.
    Although on the tversity website there should be an FAQ section letting you know what to do to get it to work:)

Advertisement