Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football 2009

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A 75-73 defeat sums up my crap 5-9 season.

We struggled in the RB department all year, especially when our one decent outlet Clinton Portis got injured :rolleyes:

Disappointing performance after winning last year. Good luck to those in the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Premier League Final Standing Reg Season

Central Division
    Team W L T PCT GB Strk Wks PF Back PA
    Inchicore Warriors 10 3 1 0.75 0 W3 2 1405 0 1200
    Porto Jags 6 8 0 0.429 4.5 L1 0 1139 266 1245
    Blanch Rams 4 9 1 0.321 6 W1 0 1124 281 1261
    Dolfans 4 10 0 0.286 6.5 L3 0 1079 326 1239
    East Division
    Mehtastic 11 3 0 0.786 0 W9 0 1372 33 1160
    Boards Paddy Patriots 8 5 1 0.607 2.5 L1 3 1365 40 1231
    eagle eye patriots 7 7 0 0.5 4 W1 2 1261 144 1330
    Better than the lions 7 7 0 0.5 4 L4 1 1197 208 1179
    West Division
    Leitrim Gaels 8 6 0 0.571 0 W2 2 1330 75 1399
    bluecollarbears 7 6 1 0.536 0.5 L1 1 1216 189 1211
    West Coast Coolers 5 9 0 0.357 3 L2 3 1324 81 1337
    Don's D 5 9 0 0.357 3 W1 0 1298 107 1318

Playoffs:

Paddy Patriots @ mehtastic
    Leitrim @ Inchicore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Premier League Final Standing Reg Season

Central Division
    Inchicore Warriors 10 3 1 0.75 0 W3 2 1405 0 1200
    Porto Jags 6 8 0 0.429 4.5 L1 0 1139 266 1245
    Blanch Rams 4 9 1 0.321 6 W1 0 1124 281 1261
    Dolfans 4 10 0 0.286 6.5 L3 0 1079 326 1239
    East Division
    Mehtastic 11 3 0 0.786 0 W9 0 1372 33 1160
    Boards Paddy Patriots 8 5 1 0.607 2.5 L1 3 1365 40 1231
    eagle eye patriots 7 7 0 0.5 4 W1 2 1261 144 1330
    Better than the lions 7 7 0 0.5 4 L4 1 1197 208 1179
    West Division
    Leitrim Gaels 8 6 0 0.571 0 W2 2 1330 75 1399
    bluecollarbears 7 6 1 0.536 0.5 L1 1 1216 189 1211
    West Coast Coolers 5 9 0 0.357 3 L2 3 1324 81 1337
    Don's D 5 9 0 0.357 3 W1 0 1298 107 1318

Playoffs:

Leitrim @ Inchicore

Just goes to show you how luck can come into fantasy football. Mehtastic finishes 11-3 with 1372 points in this league

and I scrape into the playoffs in my league 8-6 by 1 point in a points scored tiebreaker as the wildcard team with 1456 points scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

Shocking season for Dolfans.
    Worst record in the Premier League with 4-10.
    Just shows that maybe some research prior to the draft is required and not just picking players because you have heard of them!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

dunno how my team made it to 6-8 on the season in the Premiership! worst team ive ever had playing in fantasy league...guess its all down to luck :) anyways congrats and good luck to all who made the playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Interestingly enough the top 4 points scorers made the play offs in the Premier League. That#s rarely the case

Wish my score from this week was repeated. Looking forward to duds from marshall and Petersen now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Had great fun in division 2 this year. Losing 4 down the stretch was a killer though :(

is it possible to join this boards fantasy football league / group of leagues for next season ? I quite fancy myself as a bit of a fantasy wizard :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Good luck to all involved in the playoffs in all three divisions

Finished with a miserable 5-9 record in Division 1 but it was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Good luck to all involved in the playoffs in all three divisions

Finished with a miserable 5-9 record in Division 1 but it was fun

Ah but you did finish top of our random league though! Was an exciting finish to "regular fantasy season" which saw all 4 irish competitors reach the playoffs in an otherwise all american league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Well beaten this week by Dyslexia to finish the regular season with a 11-2-1 record. Up against Dyslexia again next week in the playoffs, he has Chris Johnson which is a cause for concern:mad: Hopefully Rodgers bounces back after his one bad fantasy performance of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Well beaten this week by Dyslexia to finish the regular season with a 11-2-1 record. Up against Dyslexia again next week in the playoffs, he has Chris Johnson which is a cause for concern:mad: Hopefully Rodgers bounces back after his one bad fantasy performance of the season.

Should be a close one. Hopefully the same result as last week!

Yep im up against Chris Johnson and Drew Brees this week so not feeling ultra confident. This guy racked up 170 points against me in the regular season, trust me to come up against him when his TE greg Olson caught 3 TD's that week aswell.

Oh well any given sunday but Im concerned that peyton gets benched at some point tonight and if so Im probably goosed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Alright lads, choose three:

Bowe vs CLE
    Bryant vs SEA
    Crabtree vs PHI
    Avant vs SF
    Chambers vs CLE
    Nicks vs WAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Orizio wrote: »

Bowe vs CLE I'd expect a big game from Bowe, first game back and I was reading that the coach said he has kept him in top condition.
    Bryant vs SEA I like him against the Seahawks.
    Crabtree vs PHI Had a great game last week, he would be my first choice. Eagles D was all over the place against NYG.
    Avant vs SF On the injury report and been a real disappointment in recent weeks.
    Chambers vs CLE Would be tempted but for the return of Bowe, you could play both of them though.
    Nicks vs WAS Had a great game against the Eagles, this will be tougher but its hard not to pick him.

A couple of good ones there. I'd go with Crabtree, Bowe and Bryant. YOu could pick Nicks too and Chambers. I'd leave Avant out of it.

Actually leave Chambers out too. Its three of Crabtree, Bowe, Bryant and Nicks. You won't go too wrong with any three of those.

For me its

Bryant - Seahawks secondary is terrible. Tampa cant run the ball and will have to throw to keep up with the hawks. I think he could be on for a 15 + points this week

Chambers - Clearly the number 1 target for Cassell in the passing game. Hes been a different man since moving form the bolts last week aside. The Browns had a big week last wek but lets call a spade a spade they are a poor football team so he will get plenty of looks and probably a lot of yards

Nicks - Big play ability, must win game for the giants,

Bowe cant be selected if you pick chambers picking to recievers from the same team unless its welker and moss is crazy. So you ahve to decide whos better. For me you have to go with Chambers hes build rapport with Cassell whilst Bowe has been suspended thats unlikely to change.

Crabtree V's Philly. not gonna happen hes not been consistent at all this season so selecting him would be a crazy risk in the postseason besides which Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown have been pretty solid in the secondary last week aside so dont expect the eagles to give up 500+ yards again this week

Avant been dissapointing recently been injured and San Fran defense is pretty good thrown in the QB situation and Id steer well clear

Yeah I have absolutely no interest in starting Avant, thought I might as well throw him into the equation unless someone was seeing something I wasn't.

Bryant is an automatic, even if Freeman is throwing to him. Regarding Chambers/Bowe, I'm looking more towards the latter is he the superior WR, but it's really down to who Cassel is more likely to throw to...? Considering Bowe is only just back, will this be Chambers?

I would usually start Nicks automatically, but he is up against the best pass defence in the league, which evens things out. Crabtree seems to be hitting a bit of form as well.

I'm up against a chap with Vincent Jackson, Chris Johnson and Tom Brady in his team, so I need to get everthing right

I'm up against a chap with Vincent Jackson, Chris Johnson and Tom Brady in his team, so I need to get everthing right

Or you need to take a risk. In which case Bowe has more potential upside than Chambers

Bowe vs CLE
    Bryant vs SEA
    Crabtree vs PHI
    Avant vs SF
    Chambers vs CLE
    Nicks vs WAS

Myself I'd rank Bryant, Crabtree, Bowe, Nicks, Chambers, Avant

D3PO wrote: »
    Im concerned that peyton gets benched at some point tonight and if so Im probably goosed :(

well hell yeah no benching for peyton and a nice 34 point start to my fantasy playoff run. :D:D

Yeah I have absolutely no interest in starting Avant, thought I might as well throw him into the equation unless someone was seeing something I wasn't.

Bryant is an automatic, even if Freeman is throwing to him. Regarding Chambers/Bowe, I'm looking more towards the latter is he the superior WR, but it's really down to who Cassel is more likely to throw to...? Considering Bowe is only just back, will this be Chambers?

I would usually start Nicks automatically, but he is up against the best pass defence in the league, which evens things out. Crabtree seems to be hitting a bit of form as well.
    Personally I think that Crabtree should be your first choice, he is getting more and more looks every week from Smith.
    On Chambers/Bowe, Bowe is by far the superior receiver. The coach has said that he has kept his condition while he was out so that sounds very good. For me Bowe is the one to pick, Chambers has been doing it in recent weeks but that means Bowe is not likely to face double coverage which has been the norm for him this season. I think he will have a very big day.
    For me the choice for you is between Bryant and Nicks. As you say the Giants are up against a very good pass D but after last week against the Eagles you just couldn't rule out a big day for him. Bryant is the no.1 receiver for the Bucs but Freeman has a very poor outing last week. I think I'd agree with you though and take Bryant.

• Advertisement

Ok lads, back again for some of your expert advice. This time RB's:

Turner vs Jets.
    Stewart vs Min.
    Faulk vs Buf.
    Ganther vs NYG.

Right now I have Faulk and Ganther starting, but thats essentially because both Turner and Stewart were injured mid-week. Stewart's almost always injured and yet almost always starts, but is generally very hit and miss at the best of times, and is at best splitting carries with DeAngelo Williams back. Turner has been out for basically a month now, he will presumebly start as their first RB but he may go off injured yet again. Also, I'm starting the Jets DST so it doesn't make much sense to play a WR/RB against my own defence. I'd rather back the Jets over Turner.

I'm happy enough with Ganther, but I'd prefer to stay away from Faulk if possible.

Actually, Chris Jennings and Willis McGahee are both on waivers - better options then Faulk?

Ok lads, back again for some of your expert advice. This time RB's:

Turner vs Jets.
    Stewart vs Min.
    Faulk vs Buf.
    Ganther vs NYG.

Right now I have Faulk and Ganther starting, but thats essentially because both Turner and Stewart were injured mid-week. Stewart's almost always injured and yet almost always starts, but is generally very hit and miss at the best of times, and is at best splitting carries with DeAngelo Williams back. Turner has been out for basically a month now, he will presumebly start as their first RB but he may go off injured yet again. Also, I'm starting the Jets DST so it doesn't make much sense to play a WR/RB against my own defence. I'd rather back the Jets over Turner.

I'm happy enough with Ganther, but I'd prefer to stay away from Faulk if possible.
    I'd agree with Ganther as the best option you have. How on earth you ended up in such a bad situation with RBs is the real question.
    I would pick Stewart, the guy is decent and gets his fair share of carries in most game.
    Surely there is better than Jennings and McGahee on the free agent list?
    And deffo get rid of Faulk anyways. Bring somebody in, even its one of the two you mention but play Turner if he is active. You should make sure to check out the inactives before that game. There is no harm having somebody playing against your DST.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd agree with Ganther as the best option you have. How on earth you ended up in such a bad situation with RBs is the real question.
    I would pick Stewart, the guy is decent and gets his fair share of carries in most game.
    Surely there is better than Jennings and McGahee on the free agent list?
    And deffo get rid of Faulk anyways. Bring somebody in, even its one of the two you mention but play Turner if he is active. You should make sure to check out the inactives before that game. There is no harm having somebody playing against your DST.

The options are basically McGahee, Julius Jones, Fargas, Faulk, Choice, Lynch, Weaver etc, it continues to get worse. I've picked up Jennings for Faulk, will probably plump for Ganther and Turner.

Playoffs:

Leitrim @ Inchicore

Congrats to Mehtastic for making the Final.

Shocking week for my team both my starters and bench doing nothing expected more from Welker and Addai at least but it looks like the game is out of reach for me barring a miracle where all your remaining players implode and fumble all over the shop. :D

Couldn't get to change my team and noticed at 6.30 tonight I wa losing 60-4 (or similar)

Fought back a little but unless AP has a monster day it looks like I'm heading out.

Ah well. Enjoyed it this year. Looking forward to next year's premier league already. Cheers to tallaghtoutlaws for looking after it, and good luck to the 2 lads in the final

Dodge wrote: »
    Couldn't get to change my team and noticed at 6.30 tonight I wa losing 60-4 (or similar)

Fought back a little but unless AP has a monster day it looks like I'm heading out.

Of course I should've mentioned that the Carolina offence going ballistic on the Vikings D would've been enopugh too :D

Loooks like I@m through

Championship game for me in my league. :)

Solid numbers across the board by Manning, Jamal Charles, Eagles D, Ochocinco, Derek Mason, Maroney and Nate Kaeding all scoring in double digits only Vernon Davis & Bryant let me down in the scoring stakes.

of course leaving Jerome Harrison on the bench was a kick in the gonads thankfully I had enough to win though :)

Best of luck to those other boardsies who made championship games in their leagues

Board Premier League Final:

Mehtastic Vs Inchicore Warriors

Congrats boys going to be a cracker. I have to say its the first FF in a long time I have been in where the two best teams actually make the final.

Well done to everyone who took part especially the East division what a corker that Division was.

Come on Mehtastic do us East division heads proud and lift the cup.

Ps: I know the MNF is still to come but these two have clearly made the final.:D

• Advertisement

f1dan wrote: »
    Should be a close one. Hopefully the same result as last week!

Its close alright, I'm 12 up with all my guys done, you've Fred Davis left to play. Thought I was well betaen until I saw this morning that Rodgers got 43 points:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Its close alright, I'm 12 up with all my guys done, you've Fred Davis left to play. Thought I was well betaen until I saw this morning that Rodgers got 43 points:)

Two very close semi finals in the first division!

Im 18 points down in my one, with Steve Smith left to play. Basically, I need him to get 120 yards and a TD, or 60 yards and 2 TD's....

If only I started Big Ben instead of Philip Rivers and Hines Ward instead of Wes Welker :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Finished in a tie, 105 each. Congrats on making the final. Not being bitter or anything but what was the tie breaker? Regular season record?

No shame in reaching the semi finals. I'm in the final of the other league I'm in so all in all, not a bad first year of fantasy football! Hopefully not just beginner's luck.

Finished in a tie, 105 each. Congrats on making the final. Not being bitter or anything but what was the tie breaker? Regular season record?

No shame in reaching the semi finals. I'm in the final of the other league I'm in so all in all, not a bad first year of fantasy football! Hopefully not just beginner's luck.

Most likely the points scored by your bench.

Thanks!

The tie breaker is the total number of offensive yards, I got 887, you got 852. Best of luck in your other final!

got into one final out of my 5 separate leagues :) hopefully i'll have it in the bag...my team has over 120 points in each of the last 4 games...just hope they dont stuff it up this week haha

• Advertisement

well agonisingly ive got to wait until tomorrows game to see if I won my championship.

Im all done with a 21 point lead but hes got AP. Could go either way but I guess im probably slightly favoured.

If I lose its all on Caldwell for not playing Peyton through. A paltry 7 points from my QB could be the difference maker :mad::mad:

Looks like I've won the Premier League. :)

Up by 7 with mehtastic finished, and I have AP and the Vikes' kicker Longwell to come

Huzzah!

kev_s88 wrote: »
    got into one final out of my 5 separate leagues :) hopefully i'll have it in the bag...my team has over 120 points in each of the last 4 games...just hope they dont stuff it up this week haha

ooooh down 8 points and i have AP and he was Sidney Rice...the tension is too much! and i blame my collapse all on Brandon Marshall and Reggie Wayne having terrible games! :( heres hoping Peterson can pull some magic out of the bag whilst Favre's throwing is poor, specially to Rice! ;)

kev_s88 wrote: »
    ooooh down 8 points and i have AP and he was Sidney Rice...the tension is too much! and i blame my collapse all on Brandon Marshall and Reggie Wayne having terrible games! :( heres hoping Peterson can pull some magic out of the bag whilst Favre's throwing is poor, specially to Rice! ;)

GOD BLESS YOU ADRIAN PETERSON! won my league by 4 points in the end...that was a nailbiter of a finale! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Got internet back for first time late on sunday hence why i had kept Jackson and dropped my other rb's. My team failed to show up except for the 2 Johnson's but over the course of the season inchicore deserved it. Best all round team by a long way imo even if i thought i could win the championship with stashing players and the bengals d/st for the final round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement