Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action/practical shooting in Ireland.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

[
    quote=Blazher;60123124]Your only back after a 4 week ban for doing the same thing. You don't know what your talking about. You never have. I would also love to hear, Where you overheard or who told you this 5th hand BS.

Hi Blazher,Back as well from your 4week hols as well then?:rolleyes:
    Still making accusations about people you dont know??Well stump up some concrete proof then is to what I am saying is BS.Love to see or hear it.

On second thoughts, Take your own advoice ( The two words in bold and underlined )
    [/QUOTE] It's spelled ADVICE BTW
    As for Practial Pristol, Its a shame that it went the way it did. But with the stone age mind frame that alot of people still have in this state it was doomed before it even started.

Indeed,pity then in good Irish tradition the people who lost out on this [us]have to resort to infighting and blame games and calling each other idiots etc.Instead of trying to get to the bottom of this as to why it was banned.
    You ever notice when its to make us look bad we are told we are to much like the USA, But the fact is , We are nothing like them.
    [/QUOTE]
    For once you said somthing sensible there.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

...or maybe we don't need to wait until day's end. Thread locked before people get banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Regarding airsoft:

The IAA (the ngb for the pursuit) has been in talks with the DOJ repeatedly with regard to controlling the proliferation of equipment in an unchecked manner, this has yielded positive results which are to be included in the MPB which include (and you'll forgive me that I dont know the precise wording the DOJ has chosen)

1) Removing the right of personal import of airsoft devices to the country by individuals.

2) Restricting the right of import and retail of equipment to specific, vetted, dealers.

3) The introduction of the specific offense of "brandishing" a replica of any kind in a public place without appropriate context.

I am fully aware of this. I am also aware that the IAA is not the only body for airsoft. The same thing that happened to us, Is happening to you lot.

Some people seem to think they can do it better. And you have retailers who are selling AEGs to every walk of life knownly.
    A blind eye was not turned to airsoft and indeed the minister has threatened (albeit it hollowly from what we can tell) to ban it for utterly spurious reasons. It was the concerted efforts of the responsible community which changed the state of play in this regard.

From the stuff i personaly have seen happened on site, People shooting AEGs at over 328, some as high as 600 and nothing be doing. Sites checking the FPS of AEGs but not checking the BB weight.

I have seen people use .6g BBs at 320FPS and they hurt.

There needs to be stricked controll on sites. Guidelines need to be set down from the ngb(once you find out who this is once and for all) Also you need to get site owners and retailers to agree to them.
    As for the "sinister" elements some have made allegations of - utter codswallop. Airsoft is no more "sinister" than paintball (which has been here for 20 years and no one bats an eyelid - and yes they do wear tac-kit and uniforms) and attempting to paint it as such is falling into the same small minded - "its not us jack" - attitudes that led to the deplorable practical pistol ban.

For the record: I shoot teh real gunz as often as I can.

We both know thats a lie. A paintball devoice and a airsoft AEG are nothing alike. Even the most morden Paintball devoices you can tell are not real firearms, But the badly made Airsoft AEGs, Like the JG Styre AUG that someone used to replace with two real Styre AUGs in a Army barricks not to long ago, Just go to show. It was only when they where checked for serial numbers where they found to be fake. but when the armourer looked at the racks he could not tell them apart.

There needs to be something like what the USA have, Where all AEGs have the muzzle painted so people can see they are not real.

Because lets face it, Every AEG thats used in a sinister way makes us look bad. Not the airsofters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Blazher wrote: »
    I am fully aware of this. I am also aware that the IAA is not the only body for airsoft. The same thing that happened to us, Is happening to you lot.
    The IAA is the only recognised one; the 'other' body is merging into them. See the appropriate threads in the airsoft forum.
    We both know thats a lie. A paintball devoice and a airsoft AEG are nothing alike.
    Paintball - ~15J. Airsoft - <1J. So yes, you're right.
    Like the JG Styre AUG that someone used to replace with two real Styre AUGs in a Army barricks not to long ago, Just go to show. It was only when they where checked for serial numbers where they found to be fake. but when the armourer looked at the racks he could not tell them apart.
    That's an urban legend, fairly thoroughly debunked at this point, see the appropriate threads in the Military forum here or on other Irish Army boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement