Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM upgrade laptop

Options
  • 05-05-2009 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Quick question regards a RAM upgrade in a DELL XPS M1730 Laptop

What are peoples opinions, would you recomend upgrading with
    Crucial from Komplett or Crucial themselves, (a bit better) or upgrading with Kingston ?

This is the current system configuration,

CORE 2 DUO T9500 2.60GHZ, 800, 6
    17.0" ULTRASHARP WIDESCREEN WUXGA
    MEMORY DUAL-CHANNEL 2048MB (2X1024) 667MS
    HARD DRIVE 120GB FREE FALL SENSOR (7200RPM)
    SINGLE 256MB NVIDIA? GEFORCE? GO 8700M G
    DELL™ WIRELESS 1505 WIRELESS-N MINI CARD
    Windows Vista Home Premium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Crucial are a good make, will do the job nicely. Doesn't make much difference where you buy, wherever you get the best price!

Free delievery from there site so run with that

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Thanks Buddy

i am slightly more inclinded to go with the Kingston though cos its DDR2 PC2-6400(800mhz) and cl5 where are the Crucial even the one on there site is only DDR2 PC2-5300 (667mhz) and its cl5 aswell.
    You think its worth the extra few bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

greenfly wrote: »
    Thanks Buddy

i am slightly more inclinded to go with the Kingston though cos its DDR2 PC2-6400(800mhz) and cl5 where are the Crucial even the one on there site is only DDR2 PC2-5300 (667mhz) and its cl5 aswell.
    You think its worth the extra few bob?

That's up to you. I wouldn't spend the extra few quid on it tho. It's an extra €16ish when you take into account free delievery from crucial and €13 from Komplett

Advertisement