Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam email

• 05-05-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,739 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    Received a scam email today from a guy in Ghana (yeah right) from a guy purporting to be a bank manager who had 12 million in extra cash that he wanted to depositing in my account and then come over here to split the money, Id say yer well aware of the scam/attempted scam.
    Anyway, I decided to play along, advising I only had an Anglo bank account etc and believed the bank may not survive long enough for him to get the money ;). He obviously had no issue with this.
    Anyway, long story short. Just as I was in gmail, a person I didnt know showed up in my chat window with a different address to that of the scam artist (Scam artist has googlemail address). I suspect these may be one and the same person. As such I may be in the position to completely turn around the scam, knowing the actual persons email address - possibly.
    What are the chances that this guy in googletalk (who hasnt tried talking to me) is the actual scam artist?

Mods, if this isnt a security issue please feel free to move.
    Kippy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

There are so many of these guys around, you're better off ignoring them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Martyr wrote: »
    There are so many of these guys around, you're better off ignoring them.
    Good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 oxide

check out http://www.419eater.com !!!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

re; https://www.ccdcouriers.com/AboutUs.html anyone heard of these guys, they have irish mobile numbers and i am getting some strange emails from them, ps can i block these with gmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭manjosh

Yes you can, just automatically forward their mail to your spam account. Just market the email as spam and gmail will do the rest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement