Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Poster Discussion

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Local SF here still have their posters up.

FG took theirs down on Saturday, FF and others were done by Tuesday and SF are the only ones remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wfman

sinn fein the first to put up posters and the last down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 M.RaftisKennedy

Sully wrote: »
    Its Thursday... There due down by tommrow IIRC. Most others have them down, including yourself.

Stop getting your knickers in a knot guys!!!

Everyone has 7 days in which to take the posters down and all of ours are down including the one mentioned by ADMMM earlier in this thread!!!

Regards

Maria.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Stop getting your knickers in a knot guys!!!

Everyone has 7 days in which to take the posters down and all of ours are down including the one mentioned by ADMMM earlier in this thread!!!

Regards

Maria.

There bloody annoying, I think people have a right to be annoyed. Most people would prefer they were not put up at all, or at least not as many.

I know your not one of the few who put them everywhere and anywhere, but its what 6 days now since the election and people still haven't taken them down! So, people have every right to "get their knickers in a knot" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I know of a councillor in wexford who put up no posters and got re-elected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I know of a councillor in wexford who put up no posters and got re-elected.

As did one in Tramore and topped the poll. It happens, maybe not as frequently as we would like, but it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

As did one in Tramore and topped the poll. It happens, maybe not as frequently as we would like, but it does.

Mary Roche was re-elected without posters so there's merit in the idea on our own doorstep too.

Trotter wrote: »
    Mary Roche was re-elected without posters so there's merit in the idea on our own doorstep too.

mary roches vote was down this time

hilary quinlan and pat hayse didnt put up posters.quinlan topped the poll and hayse got the second seat.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oli dempsey still has a few floating about over here on the rockshire rd in Ferrybank, I wouldn't mind he even has some inside Kilkenny CoCo territory.Also seen a few of Dick Roche's still up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Take pictures and report them. €150 fine for each instance.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Saw a election poster on the way to work, some independent git....don't really want to name where it is or who as don't want them to remove it before they are fined :)

Is it so hard for the people putting up the posters to mark where they are putting them up so they can easily see where they need to remove them?

About 50 Fine Gael posters on the Quay today. Hope the Council are sending them their fines. €7.5k would be enough to keep the streets clean for a long time. Thanks Fine Gael :). I didn't see any of the Oli Dempsey ones around though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Keith Winters

AdMMM wrote: »
    About 50 Fine Gael posters on the Quay today. Hope the Council are sending them their fines. €7.5k would be enough to keep the streets clean for a long time. Thanks Fine Gael :). I didn't see any of the Oli Dempsey ones around though.

Just Seán Kelly posters it seems....

AdMMM wrote: »

There is one out by SuperQuinn tonight anyway. Only spotted a few FG posters about, it seems the large majority have been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Keith Winters

There is one out by SuperQuinn tonight anyway. Only spotted a few FG posters about, it seems the large majority have been removed.

Probably should take it down myself but meh. If he's not organised enough himself to contact someone he must be able to afford the fines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

anyone notice how they leave all the cable ties up:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I saw several Sean Kelly posters near the Tower Hotel and some more in Sallypark in the last half hour. There was also some other guy on the new stretch of dual carriageway further out from Sallypark. Stanford, I think? The poster was half hanging off behind something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Dr Stafford I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

That's him.

• Advertisement

Bards wrote: »
    anyone notice how they leave all the cable ties up:mad:
    It's actually easier to take down the poster by just cutting the cable tie. To tear the poster down takes an awful lot more effort and also damages it which could affect the ability to reuse them in future. I reckon a lot of the cable ties that remain are from posters that were torn off in the wind or from posters that were torn down maliciously. I suppose it's unfortunate that they don't just take off all the cable ties when they're taking down posters, but at the same time it's politics and noone wants to be doing anyone else any favours.

Advertisement