Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum Post count needed to send PMs?

Options
  • 05-05-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭

A new user, (theCaffers) who originally posted an ad on Adverts looking for players for an informal 5-a-side football idea, started a thread in After Hours instead on my recommendation. He now has 25 people who have expressed interest. He has only 18 posts to his name though, and does not seem to be able to send PMs to these people to advise of plans.

I did a search on the Newbie forum, but did not turn up any info. Is there a minimum post count needed before a user can send PMs? All advice appreciated.

Not your ornery onager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Strangely, theCaffers was able to PM me re his problem!? He said "I tried [to send a PM to] one lad and I needed more posts before i could send him a message".

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I had another noobie poster ask me why he/she couldnt edit their sig or avator because they didnt have enough of a post count either. Is there a limit or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's definitely a limit for sigs and avatars, but there shouldn't be a limit for PMs. Otherwise how would PM spammers get through? Maybe Ross changed this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

seamus wrote: »
    There's definitely a limit for sigs and avatars, but there shouldn't be a limit for PMs. Otherwise how would PM spammers get through? Maybe Ross changed this though.

what is the limit do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Every time I'm asked, I say 25. Every time I say 25, I think I'm wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

25 posts for sigs aye, it's an arbitrary number for "contributor", and it's a good deterrent to spammers and shills. The tradeoff is that newbies can't set a sig.

Avatars and signatures are also disabled by default for whatever reason the admins decided in the long, long ago.

These are the permissions for registered users with PMs:
    pm_perms.gif

What error is he receiving?

Advertisement