Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken Steel: any one play yet?

• 05-05-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

SO the penny's are few here, just wondering if it's worth splashing for?
    Or are yee all away playing it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Bought it yeah. Only played it for two hours but liking it more than the last two dlc's.
    It contuines from the story so if you liked the original, you will like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Do you continue on with your character and everything you've built up etc and have the same rep with ppl etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

:eek:Forgot all about this:D:D:D..wooo
    Level cap raises \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Iv been thinking of getting it, anyone know if its any good?

It continues from project purity where it ended. You have to complete it and you wake up 2 weeks later. Your thrown back into the missions straight away. You have all your weapons and stuff.
    Few new level up abilitys too two I can remember is when dogmeat dies a new dog spawns outside 101. The other one is when you reach level 30 and you health goes below 20% you explode like a nuke??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

how much is it, 800?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

how much is it, 800?

Yeah, 800 - I traded my FO3 a fortnight ago, great game but fell out of love with it towards the end. Couldn't be bothered playing through it again, doing the same missions, etc. Surely Broken Steel will be just more of the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

any ideas how much game play there is in terms of time? havent played the pitt but Operation Anchorage was very short :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Mask wrote: »
    It continues from project purity where it ended. You have to complete it and you wake up 2 weeks later. Your thrown back into the missions straight away. You have all your weapons and stuff.
    Few new level up abilitys too two I can remember is when dogmeat dies a new dog spawns outside 101. The other one is when you reach level 30 and you health goes below 20% you explode like a nuke??

:eek: ..finally some dlc I can get behind!

--possible spoiler--

(even though it completely ruins the story)

Played it a little more and
    deathclaws
    are everywhere. Four of them chased me around for 10 minutes and then killed me.
    Game froze on me once too:mad:

• Advertisement

deathclaws
    are everywhere. Four of them chased me around for 10 minutes and then killed me.

Damn I Effing hate
    deathclaws

Might get this I think as I barely finished FO3 recently... :)

Counted my pennies and got it.

Not a bad thing you need to do the ending again , if you deleted your save or are a long way off finishing dont bother getting yet :D

Didn't do any missions just took a lot around , it's amazing theres still stuff i missed in the wilderness u didn't see in 2 play throughs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

deathclaws
    Damn I Effing hate
    deathclaws

Might get this I think as I barely finished FO3 recently... :)
    Keep playing..you'll love them soon enough;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been waiting for this to come out before going back and playing the game again. Havent tried the previous expansions yet either, as i was already at the level cap, way before the original ended. Looking forward to playing it through again, and i think i'll be an evil bitch this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I would have left the other DLC if I had known XP wouldn't carry forward! Dagnabit! I'll probably be grinding towards level 30 now.

chrislad wrote: »
    I would have left the other DLC if I had known XP wouldn't carry forward! Dagnabit! I'll probably be grinding towards level 30 now.

Looks like it from what i've played so far, i'm on level 22 with 2 of the main quests and 2 side quests done. So i'll definitely have to grind it out to 30
    Its not that it's bad just would have enjoyed it a little more had i played it as a epilogue right after finishing the game 1st time round or shortly afterwards.

Anyone else have the problem with the achievements not registering ??? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah, its a common problem. Check the 5th post in this link, I don't know if it does work as I haven't tried it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=145259

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The achievement problem is fixed now. I played through BS yesterday, really good stuff. I'd advise playing through Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt too, especially since you can gain EXP again. The equipment you gain from them is useful in BS, particularly the
    Winterised Power Armour from O:A (it doesn't deteriorate)
    . I was 25 when I finished, so there's gonna be some grinding to get to 30!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Haven't finished the main game yet, thesis got in the way of that.

Does the DLC need to be played in any particular order or can I download Broken Steel, up my level cap and finish the game? Not intending to do that, just wondering can it be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm pretty sure you can download Broken Steel, and after playing for about 5 minutes, a box should have popped up saying Broken Steel downloaded. Level Cap Raised. or something to that effect. You just can't play BS until you finish the game.

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can download Broken Steel, and after playing for about 5 minutes, a box should have popped up saying Broken Steel downloaded. Level Cap Raised. or something to that effect. You just can't play BS until you finish the game.

Less than 5 mins, I had a save straight where the end is and within 1-2 mins the box popped up...

Still haven't done anything besides talk to your man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

i'm only at project purity now and i bought BS, gonna grind my way to the end to make the lvl 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

why ?

Aren't you meant to enjoy fallout for what it is ?....its no suddenly WoW where you have to reach level (Max)

Grinding is soul destroying and kills games

SeantheMan wrote: »
    why ?

Aren't you meant to enjoy fallout for what it is ?....its no suddenly WoW where you have to reach level (Max)

Grinding is soul destroying and kills games

There isn't really any need because unless your going for cheevs you should get it anyway, and who cares if you dont!

word of warning for those with the achievement issues like me, DO NOT recover your gamer tag just yet, i did as was suggested on majornelsons blog and deleted the profile (keeping items) and now i cant recover it due to some issue on MS side, great job microsoft great job.

And to beat the band you'll have to replay for the achievement also :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Bah, downloaded Broken Steel on my HDD on the other 360 in the kitchen, not mine. Brought my HDD to my room to play on my 360, not connected to internet, and it won't let me play it.:mad:

Any solutions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Bah, downloaded Broken Steel on my HDD on the other 360 in the kitchen, not mine. Brought my HDD to my room to play on my 360, not connected to internet, and it won't let me play it.:mad:

Any solutions?

Google: Xbox 360 licence transfer tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

different problem: i played through the main quest and finished on level 13. then i went back to a previous save to do the side quests, anchorage, pitt and explore, getting up to level 17.5, but i can only play BS on my last save before finishing the game (level 13) would you:

A: play BS on level 13 with less weapons and skills

B: continue from level 17.5, with a lot more weapons and skills, do the remainder of the main quest again and play BS?

• Advertisement
Advertisement