Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agm l96 upgrading?

Options
  • 05-05-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello i just bought a agm l96 and was wondering what mods could i put in it and this websites the closest to home and ye seem to know what yere on about. So any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

No much you can really do with a bolt action sniper, except for new tightbore barrel , new hopup and better spring(if it isnt already firing max) .

Disclaimer: ^^^ As far as I know .... ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭An Mac Tíre

If it's anything like the WELL version you could open up the bolt and fix some foam or something similar to the piston head which should help quieten the noise of the piston. You can remove the outer barrel (then the inner barrel from inside that) and fix the barrel spacers with tape so that they are not free to slide to one end of the barrel. Alternatively they can be replaced altogether as they are just cheap foam.

If you do fix the barrel spacers make sure to use an uneven spacing so as not to induce resonance in the barrel (will make it much noisier). And before you go and put that barrel back in, pack the space between the inner and outer barrels with something to help further deaden the sound.

If you're really pushed to make it silent (like I was one day and went insane thinking of ways to do it) you can build a suppressor. After all of the other things mentioned though this does very little to further reduce the sound so you would want to be a knit picker like me to bother custom making one. It makes it slightly quieter, but adds length to an already long rifle. It also requires things like a lathe to make perfect.

To replace the barrels in these guns you either have to order an EdGI custom barrel which is very expensive or replace the hop-up assembly and use an AEG barrel. Not cheap, but cheapER.

Hope my crazily long winded answer helps!

Edit: Actually tested it there and the suppressor is what is making more difference than the foam and packing. PVC pipe and sheets ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

Hi lads yeah custom made surrpressor works great hmmmm other upgrades no i think Mac Tire got most of em if not all .....a ha wrap some black tape around the front end of the stock and the barrel as the l96 can sometimes have barrel wobble this increases sturdyness

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭tonycombat

I got the Well L96 & I'm looking to upgrade the hop-up rubbers, does anyone know if it uses just the bog standard Guarder type available from Eirsoft or will I have to find something more exotic?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

It'll be something more exotic ......as far as i know it's a pistol hop up rubber not a standard aeg rubber

• Advertisement
Advertisement