Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Stolen!!] Racer Bicycle - Sandyford Luas stop

Options
  • 05-05-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Please, if anyone has any information on its whereabouts, please contact me. Thank you!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=54701

[May 2009]My second racer!!!!!! was stolen from Sandyford Luas stop on 5th May. Last seen at 6.20am, looks identical to the one pictured below. If anyone has seen it, or has any information on it, please contact me.

Thank you!

It's a "Carrera Valour" Silver Frame with Black Tyres.

400-213843.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Very sorry to hear that. Out of interest, what kind of lock did you have on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Will stick an eye out,

Sandyford is dodgy enough for bikes apparently, I wouldn't leave anything up there with less than 2 locks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

DadaKopf wrote: »
    Out of interest, what kind of lock did you have on it?

I wanted to ask that too, but thought it might be like rubbing salt in the wound!

Wasn't my intention! But it'd help us all to know what locks determined thieves are getting through in broad daylight these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Maybe the Luas guys can get you some kind of cctv footage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Maybe the Luas guys can get you some kind of cctv footage?

Hopefully, I've been on to the guards... fingers crossed something comes of it.

The lock I had was a heavy duty chain and padlock. There was no sign of any of it. There was also another sturdy looking cable type lock split in the middle lying on the ground close to where my bike was. I can only imagine how many were taken, and feel for the others that may have been robbed too. It seems nothing will stop the thieves!

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully it'll turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

sounds like a van and mechanical cutters job.
    will keep a look out in the dundrum end of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Egyptian wrote: »
    It seems nothing will stop the thieves!

Almost all chains can be cropped by hand with 4ft bolt croppers.

Sorry for your loss!

Out of interest, then, what locks do the business? My bike was stolen once and, luckily, I got it back. Now I have a €98 ABUS U-lock. It hasn't been touched yet. What else is out there that's better?

Out of interest, then, what locks do the business? My bike was stolen once and, luckily, I got it back. Now I have a €98 ABUS U-lock. It hasn't been touched yet. What else is out there that's better?

The Abus ones vary - I've seen some poor reviews and some great ones.

The Kryptonite "Fahgeddaboudit" New York Mini has the thickest shackle I've seen, and is reasonably priced compared to some of the Abus ones. I have three of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You won't get much better than that, it'd be easier to cut through the bike itself than through that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Lumen wrote: »
    The Abus ones vary - I've seen some poor reviews and some great ones.

The Kryptonite "Fahgeddaboudit" New York Mini has the thickest shackle I've seen, and is reasonably priced compared to some of the Abus ones. I have three of them.

Bike Radar rated the Abus Granit X-Plus above the New York Mini though not the standard New York. I think they are both excellent locks, though I think the frame mounting for the Abus locks works better than the frame mounting for the Kryptonite locks.

penexpers wrote: »
    Bike Radar rated the Abus Granit X-Plus above the New York Mini though not the standard New York.

That's interesting, since the shackle is thicker on the Mini than the standard New York (AFAIK) and it's harder to jack due to being smaller.

They say the Abus Granit X-Plus resisted an angle grinder for 60 seconds, which is very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

penexpers wrote: »
    Bike Radar rated the Abus Granit X-Plus above the New York Mini though not the standard New York. I think they are both excellent locks, though I think the frame mounting for the Abus locks works better than the frame mounting for the Kryptonite locks.

Yeah the kryptonite mounting is woeful, tore chunks out of my seat tube. I used to just leave it on the rack in college, worked well for the year, occasional spray with WD 40 to stop it seizing up.

Bike was never touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Sorry to hear horse..
    Has a bike stolen from there too.
    To be fair the guards took all the details but not much they can do.
    It was stupid and naive of me anyway.. Left it over night with a 2nd rate lock.

Advertisement