Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grinders for nuts/seeds

• 05-05-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of where to buy a good grinder for nuts and seeds? Basically I'd like to grind them into a powder to mix in with a smoothie or supplement shake

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I picked up a new whirly blade grinder from ebay for less than €20. Consistency won't be great but it'd do.

Bodum do an antigua grinder but you'd be talking about €70 minimum for that option. Java Republic had them on special for a while, they may be still available there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I just throw them into the blender. That does the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have an "amazing/magic bullet",

17pc_Amazing_Bullet_Set.jpg
    they are great since they hold really small volumes (see container on the left is about 250-300ml). Perfect for smoothies and protein shakes since you can blend up ice with them, they go really frothy and taste like proper milkshakes. I can understand why people do not like regular protein shakes much, if done at room temp they are rotten, ice cold and frothy they are lovely. I got mine in dunnes, I heard superquinn were doing them, a spanish shop on ebay sell them for about €40.

I also blend up oats for pancakes in them, just rinses clean after.

For seed I expect soaking them first would make them liquidise better.

Advertisement