Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A powerlifter needs YOUR help

Options
  • 05-05-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭

Hey all you equine peeps!

First time poster here. I'm usually hovering around the fitness forum. Anyway I have a question on horse liniment and where you source it, in Dublin, north preferably.

It's not for anything sinister, in powerlifting we do a lot of this

chuck-deadlift.jpg

As a result we get a lot of twinges and tears and pops in our backs, muscles ligaments, everything. It's a bit of an industry secret that the top guys now use horse liniment to aid recovery, pain management, help in warming up and generally bring more blood flow to problem areas.

If it's good enough for a half tonne of horse it's good enough for me!

Can anyone help me out as to where I'd find some of this magical liquid?

Anyone needs help with their bench press I'm happy to return the favour :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I'd suggest you try a vet shop, or a tack (saddlery) to see if they have anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

I'd suggest you try a vet shop, or a tack (saddlery) to see if they have anything!

Thanks Lobelia Overhill, please tell me that's your real name. If so you should constantly be riding a horse, your name demands it!

Any idea of any around Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

kevpants wrote: »
    Hey all you equine peeps!

First time poster here. I'm usually hovering around the fitness forum. Anyway I have a question on horse liniment and where you source it, in Dublin, north preferably.

It's not for anything sinister, in powerlifting we do a lot of this

chuck-deadlift.jpg

As a result we get a lot of twinges and tears and pops in our backs, muscles ligaments, everything. It's a bit of an industry secret that the top guys now use horse liniment to aid recovery, pain management, help in warming up and generally bring more blood flow to problem areas.

If it's good enough for a half tonne of horse it's good enough for me!

Can anyone help me out as to where I'd find some of this magical liquid?

Anyone needs help with their bench press I'm happy to return the favour :D

you can buy online here:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/category.asp?c=160&bhcd2=1241551950

http://www.shanestack.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-20922

http://www.stablemateuk.co.uk/buy-on-line/horse-liniment-1-litre/prod_12.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

kevpants wrote: »
    Thanks Lobelia Overhill, please tell me that's your real name. If so you should constantly be riding a horse, your name demands it!

LOL it's my hobbit name, taken from a website with a generator for same!

Advertisement