Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am I allowed to do this here?

Options
  • 05-05-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know I can't offer items for sale in the boards, but can I ask in any of the forums if somebody wants an item (for example, in the Television section of Arts can I ask if somebody wants VHS tapes of a certain show) in exchange for paying the postage?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

that's a "NO" then, I take it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Effectively yes.

I'd suggest posting it on adverts with a price of (zero plus postage costs) if you're planning on giving them away for that.

Obviously that's assuming they're legit tapes and all that (one could assume it goes without saying but often that leaves the important bit unsaid:))

Actually I may get rid of a few items of my own the same way, I have tapes I've no ability to play and no interest in playing.

sceptre wrote: »
    Effectively yes.
    Obviously that's assuming they're legit tapes

what?

what?
    I try to cover all the possibilities, which is why my posts can sometimes be overly long. Hence I mentioned "legit" as opposed to my saying "definitely do X". Legit as opposed to dodgy copies. As I mentioned above, I've no doubt that they're legit, the line was as much for the benefit of anyone else reading - in ten or a hundred weeks time there's bound to be some guy who'll read it and think selling anything is OK without the included line:)

• Advertisement

I've no doubt that they're legit

then why bring it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Did you not read the rest of the sentence where sceptre said

"the line was as much for the benefit of anyone else reading - in ten or a hundred weeks time there's bound to be some guy who'll read it and think selling anything is OK without the included line"?

Am just asking, because it answers your question completely.

no it doesn't

Well, that's my answer. Other people read these threads too.

Well, that's my answer. Other people read these threads too.

are you really going to pretend you didn't say it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm locking this thread because, Spon Farmer, it's clear to anyone with a reasonable modicum of intelligence precisely what Sceptre was saying and why he was saying it. This is not a forum geared towards entertaining your conscious choice to take apparent offence at something that was clearly not intended to offend you. Stop wasting our time because you didn't get the answer you wanted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement