Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Ladder

Options
  • 05-05-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Best place to buy one lads? And is it better and safer to have a carpenter do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Easy enough job mate, just make sure u brace the timbers well before you cut any of them.

I seen Brooks doing a deal on Attic ladders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

make sure you check the size of the opp you intend to fill.

Most peoples attic trusses are spaced at 600mm. which means they need a 550 wide folding attic stairs.

so many people make that mistake.

It can be tricky to get up onto the temp batons and will require a sturdy step ladder and an extra pair of hands.

Shimming the frame into the opp whist trying to maintain a perfect margin can also be a little tricky for a DIY er . But with time and patients can be achieved. This also needs a pair of eyes downstairs as you will be stuck in the attic.

Be Careful of the springs when fittings as they have enough force to break a finger or nose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

what sort of dillons would a fellow biker chippie charge for fitment of such a stairs for a client who couldn't cut a straight line in timber for love nor money .

If he were plied with tea and nice biccies ( not marrieta) and perhaps a cold one after job done....

And then was henceforth lauded to all and sundry for the master craftsman that he is!

Though i do believe there is a magical crested sticker out there that confers great skills on the occupants of the van it adorns!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

PM sent;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ClearviewAttics

I fit the Dolle DeLux model folding attic timber stairs supplied and fitted for €300 if you are still stuck , its 600mm X 1200mm insulated hatch door and safety handrail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

joeclif wrote: »

Though i do believe there is a magical crested sticker out there that confers great skills on the occupants of the van it adorns!:D

Class! Nearly pi**ed myself at that one!

Advertisement