Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird - internet but no phone!

Options
  • 05-05-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

My phone stopped working a couple of hours ago - it's very windy out and I was resigned to no internet all night and a long wait to have the line fixed, since I'm not with Eircom. But I've just discovered I still have the internet - obviously, since I'm posting here :D
    I've checked and re-checked all the phone connections (3 phones, 2 cordless, 1 direct) and NOTHING! How is this possible? My sister reported the phone outage for me but UTV says they can find no fault in my line :confused:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I feel as if I'm in the twilight zone.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

phone simply died

or

loose connections

or

filter on line is faulty , replace

or

voice jumper is loose in exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    phone simply died

or

loose connections

or

filter on line is faulty , replace

or

voice jumper is loose in exchange

Checked first 3 and nothing wrong there. I have 3 phones and all 3 are dead, with a crackle on each. Plugged everything in and out and swapped filters. Must be the last option so - I have logged the fault with UTV, though they seem sceptical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The last one happened to me , eircom refused to believe it too :)

Advertisement