Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of mind

Options
  • 05-05-2009 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Can you add courses to your COM form or does it only allow you to move your choices around? Can't find a definite answer on CAO website! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

looking for answer for question re this also- have been offered a place in Maynooth but a little part of me is hoping that UCD might be good to me - have UCD in first place and Maynooth in second - not sure if this is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You can add or take away choices once they are not restricted courses, i.e. don't require portfolio or interview.

Amtaxi: Yes it's perfectly fine to have UCD as your first choice and Maynooth as your second. Your offer will still stand with Maynooth but if UCD offer you a place you can only accept that offer and won't be able to take the place in Maynooth unless you decline UCD offer and wait for round two. So basically, if you want to go to UCD more than Maynooth keep UCD as number 1. If you don't get a place there you'll still have Maynooth as a back up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Larianne - thanks for the reply!
    Do you know if the same applies to Mature Students? I'm mature and I'd like to add some courses to my Change of Mind form but I know that some colleges need you to apply directly to them also? Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think the deadline for mature student applicants is May 1st as most unis/colleges require the applicant to attend an interview.

You could ring up the college directly and see if there is anyway around it but I think now all you can do is change around your order of choice.

Advertisement