Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bass in gaway

Options
  • 05-05-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi. Im looking for information about fishing for bass in the galway area.
    its for a relative who is wondering is there much in the galway seas, where can it be caught and when.
    thanks for any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hunt4the

Hi. Im looking for information about fishing for bass in the galway area.
    its for a relative who is wondering is there much in the galway seas, where can it be caught and when.
    thanks for any info

I've only ever seen one caught and that was near the pier in newquay just past kinvara, was talking to the guy who caught it and he said their pretty rare. It was caught just before high tide on a silver toby.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

there are bass about, but you ave to put serious hours into it, and I'm talking years, i've been fishing around Galway bay for the last 15yrs now and only caught 2 and only heard of another 3 been caught in the bay, to be honest a trip down the clare coast would be called for for a better shot at them, i usually get one or two a session when targeting them..

please take note that the bass closed season is nearly upon us 15may - 15 june

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

traveling isnt a major problem so i will send him down to clare.
    Are any beaches, piers particularily good or just fish a certain way to catch them.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

lahinch spanish point and kilkee beaches.. pretty much any atlantic facing beach on the clare coast.. tactics.. worm baits or spinning/plugging
    fanore does produce but not in any numbers and as it is a very popular beach with surfers and swimmers its hard to fish it, plus you usually end up with loads of flatfish first..:rolleyes:

Advertisement