Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent taxi to another driver during the day?

• 05-05-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Ive been driving a taxi now for nearly a year since i left university.
    I got a job in my chosen field at last today which means i wont be able to drive during the day anymore and will only be driving after my main job is finished.

It seems a waste to have the car idle during th day though.

Can any taxi drivers tell me how to go about renting the car to another driver during the day or even if its at all possible.

My old man and brother are drivers but both are on holiday at the moment and i cant call them, so looking for some interim advice here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Ive been driving a taxi now for nearly a year since i left university.
    I got a job in my chosen field at last today which means i wont be able to drive during the day anymore and will only be driving after my main job is finished.

It seems a waste to have the car idle during th day though.

Can any taxi drivers tell me how to go about renting the car to another driver during the day or even if its at all possible.

My old man and brother are drivers but both are on holiday at the moment and i cant call them, so looking for some interim advice here.
    Cue the rants about "part timers".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

This could be an interesting one...

Fights within 2 pages, locked within 5 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

As someone who has rented cars in the recent past ,the market leans heavily towards having the car all of the time as opposed the "cosy arangements" which were more commonplace pre de-reg.

Most drivers would need to be able to work the peak times to make renting viable for them and your proposal would not include those times so I doubt you would get much of a response tbh, just my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sorry if this is going OT but what age does one have to be to get a PSV licence? I've looked all over the regulator's site but can't find any information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

amacachi wrote: »
    Sorry if this is going OT but what age does one have to be to get a PSV licence? I've looked all over the regulator's site but can't find any information.

Just 18 if I recall right. At the oldest, it's 21.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Thanks for the replies.
    I'll talk to some people who do it when i meet them and post back here.

Advertisement