Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to take intergrated door off dishwasher

Options
  • 05-05-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

the handle on my dishwasher needs to changed as the treads on the screw are worn . so i need to take off the intergrated door to access the screw for the handle . anyone any advice on how to take this door off??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

byrner88 wrote: »
    the handle on my dishwasher needs to changed as the treads on the screw are worn . so i need to take off the intergrated door to access the screw for the handle . anyone any advice on how to take this door off??

give it a firm upward and outward pull.

Its held on by flimsy plastic brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,380 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

In some cases, there are screws going through from the inside of the dishwasher door. These screws are originally there to old the metal lining of the dishwasher door to the plastic outer door. If however the original fixings for the integrated door got damaged, then many people take out a few of these original screws and replace with longer ones going straight through to the timber door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

oh yeah. forgot about those. small screws on the side need slackend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

each make is different ,post the model

Advertisement