Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place in Central/South America to fly home from

• 05-05-2009 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

We're currently travelling through South America, and have a flight home from Rio left as part of our RTW, but as we're travelling north, and aiming to get as high up as possible, we figured it won't be too much more to just fly home from Costa Rica, or Columbia as it would be to fly back down to Rio for our flight(which is roughly 500 euro, depending on where we're flying from).

Has anyone got cheap flights home from anywhere, for around 500 euro(or less obviously)? Or any advice on the better airlines to use.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

if you go all the way to cancun in south mexico then that'd probably be the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Balmed Out wrote: »
    if you go all the way to cancun in south mexico then that'd probably be the cheapest.

Wow, you're right, saw them for about 250 euro which is nothing. We have about 5 months to get from BA, up to there though, so may have to rush a bit. Strange that they're so cheap from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

You could also check out Lufthansa from Caracas. Doubt it will be cheaper than flying from Mexico though, it gets a lot cheaper once you cross the border.

btw if going into Central America ( ie Colombia to Panama ) you're going to have to figure out a way to get over the Darian Gap. Flying could be very expensive, a boat might be better but I'd research it well before you arrive there if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I flew back to Dublin from Guatemala City for just under €400 with Continental. I only booked about 3 weeks before I left too.

Advertisement