Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview Questions!

• 05-05-2009 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have the job of interviewing a person for local radio!Wat questions should I ask? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How long is a piece of string?

Need more info in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

research research research... if you go in unprepared it will show right away and will be evident listening back to the interview!!

whats the subject of the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If you have to ask that you shouldn't be doing the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

You could ask them anything, but it is important that you go with the flow of the interview and read how they answer you and be one step ahead with what you are thinking of asking, cos if you are not prepared, you will be left tongue tied on air. You lead the interview.

Now do you want to give us some more information on what the interview is about or what person it is with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Interview cheat sheets here

Hundreds of questions for all types of interviewee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

If you need cheat sheets , you are in the wrong job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I really don't like picking on individual posters, but in this case I wouldn't bother responding with anything constructive.

A quick check on his previous posts reveals that the OP in question asks random semi-radio related questions on this board, then never bothers to come back to respond.

There's literally an acre of partial-information filled radio related questions he's asked that have turned out to be no more than humdrum space fillers. Responding to them seems to be an utter waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Firstly it depends on what the person's profession is. The questions should obviously be related. I usually find that I would go into an interview with about 10 questions I'd like to have answers to. If I can ask even 3 I'm happy. The rest of the interview should just flow. If the person mentions something interesting, ask about it or if they mention how they got started ask about the college course that helped them get there (just an example). Treat it just like you would if it was a conversation with a person you just met on a night out (general banter) but always be aware not to stray too far from the topic. If this is your first one, learn from it and you'll have many more! best of luck.

Advertisement