Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladyswell National School...

Options
  • 05-05-2009 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if anybody would know this, but I heard a rumour that the principal of Ladyswell National School is retiring soon and they are having some type of ceremony for him (he was principal for a loooong time). I was wondering does anyone know when it is and if past pupils are welcome to attend?? I don't live in the area anymore so I'm not sure...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Do you mean Mr.McDermot? If so,he is a lovely man. Very fair and understanding. I would also like to know if and when this is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do you mean Mr.McDermot? If so,he is a lovely man. Very fair and understanding. I would also like to know if and when this is happening.

Yep, Mr. McDermott!! He was principal when my aunts and uncles were there, when me and my brother and sisters were there and now all my cousins are there too and he is retiring! If I find out anything off my mam I'll let you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tippydippy

Hi there! You're right, Mr Mc Dermot is retiring this year.I'm a teacher in the school. They are looking for past pupils to write pieces about their memories of Mr McDermot and thoughts about him to put together in a memorial book that will be presented to him when he leaves. If you would like to write something for this I'm sure they'd be delighted to include it. There will also be a coffee morning for past pupils. Let me know if you're interested and I can keep you posted or just give the school a call and they can give you details too :)

Hi there tippydippy,
    I would love you to keep me informed of this. I would love to go to the coffee morning :)

I can't really remember much about Mr.McDermott so i wouldn't be able to write a memory about him ha,Hi Ado:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manutdjay

tippydippy wrote: »
    Hi there! You're right, Mr Mc Dermot is retiring this year.I'm a teacher in the school. They are looking for past pupils to write pieces about their memories of Mr McDermot and thoughts about him to put together in a memorial book that will be presented to him when he leaves. If you would like to write something for this I'm sure they'd be delighted to include it. There will also be a coffee morning for past pupils. Let me know if you're interested and I can keep you posted or just give the school a call and they can give you details too :)

Hi my name is James I'm from Ladyswell but now live in Australia, all my family went through the school and the one in huntstown while we waited for it to be built and now nieces nephews still go there, is there some way that i can write a piece and have it added into the book from here, like an email thanks James

I think he's already retired unfortunately James... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manutdjay

Hi everyone thats interested, I've been told that they are having a mass of celebration for him I think its next wednesday 24th June, not exactly sure of the date but if you want to call the church or email them to find out go to www.mulhuddartparish.com and contact details are there.

Advertisement