Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek 2009 - What did you think? **POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

"Did you leave the parking brake on?"
    My problem with the shuttles is it makes no sence. On a space vessel the more room you hollow our for shuttles the less room for more important systems. The transporter was not a new thing here - it was in enterprise so i might understand if enterprise had 8 or maybe 10 but the room that takes up when space on these vessels is limited... Basically im just saying is if galaxy and sovereign ships don't carry 1/2 that many shuttles why would such an early tech ship have them.

It just got to me thats all, the premise for the movie is fine - creating a alternate timeline (actually it might have been nice had we gotten to see the mirror universe, although im sure i would be complaining that JJ wrecked it if that was the case.)

Its a decent enough film but it is not star trek, the more of these they make the longer before we get to see real trek again.

I would be much happier if it wasn't called trek - thats all. It seems like an insult and im only 23 so i didnt grow up with TOS in the 60's but i still find this "jj trek" offensive and it pissed me off the way several people said they liked it more than they did just to piss off the trekkies who didnt like it.

Ill still be interested to see how it holds up over the years compared to the original movies. but i dont see myself watching this movie again for a while. I wouldn't walk out a room if it was on but i wouldnt put it on to watch either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence"
    User45701 wrote: »
    My problem with the shuttles is it makes no sence. On a space vessel the more room you hollow our for shuttles the less room for more important systems. The transporter was not a new thing here - it was in enterprise so i might understand if enterprise had 8 or maybe 10 but the room that takes up when space on these vessels is limited... Basically im just saying is if galaxy and sovereign ships don't carry 1/2 that many shuttles why would such an early tech ship have them.

It just got to me thats all, the premise for the movie is fine - creating a alternate timeline (actually it might have been nice had we gotten to see the mirror universe, although im sure i would be complaining that JJ wrecked it if that was the case.)

Its a decent enough film but it is not star trek, the more of these they make the longer before we get to see real trek again.

I would be much happier if it wasn't called trek - thats all. It seems like an insult and im only 23 so i didnt grow up with TOS in the 60's but i still find this "jj trek" offensive and it pissed me off the way several people said they liked it more than they did just to piss off the trekkies who didnt like it.

Ill still be interested to see how it holds up over the years compared to the original movies. but i dont see myself watching this movie again for a while. I wouldn't walk out a room if it was on but i wouldnt put it on to watch either.

To me having mulitple shuttles on a ship makes sense.
    Rather than single purpose probes you can send shuttles within a nebulae, swarm around a planet or spatial occurance or leave a team behind to investigate something, picking them up later.

That they can also double as (longer term / higher capacity) lifeboats is an added bonous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

"Did you leave the parking brake on?"
    Even if it does make sense it does not explain why a ship in the REAL/correct star trek universe (before timeline changes) that ship was supposed to be a cannon ship but it makes no sence that such a early design of ship would have a compliment of shuttles not even found on medical ships or galaxy class ships.

Advertisement