Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck Feeney

Options
  • 05-05-2009 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Watching the Chuck Feeney program on RTE

Basically the Celtic Tiger boost to universities that the goverment and the multinationals always claimed was the driving force of the Irish economy

AND FF claimed as their finest hour

WAS 1/2 paid for by and the idea of an American Charity who wanted to remain anonymous:mad:

Fantastic!!!!:mad::eek::mad:

SO what exactly did FF do during their time in power?

They then undermined his watchdog foundation when he went looking into waste in Ireland (ie the goverment being scumbags)

Class act Bertie's mob:rolleyes:

ps. Please dont move to the TV forum;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I'm not surprised, a totally self effacing individual.

If this country ever brings in an honours system, he should be at the top of the queue for the highest award.

And as for FF it's not the first time they claimed the plaudits for someone elses work now is it?

Tús maith, leath na hoibre nach eá? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

They then undermined his watchdog foundation when he went looking into waste in Ireland (ie the goverment being scumbags)
    The Centre for Public Enquiry? Was it his? I'm not so sure, but they were certainly funded by Atlantic Philanthropies. It's my understanding that Feeney had a hand in the decision to stop funding, which led to the death of the organisation, after McDowell pushed the possible IRA links in the media. Was it dirty politics by the government to shut down a critical organisation. Or did provo links really present a security risk in the Republic? I don't know.

I suppose I felt a little buzz this evening watching the programme being someone who was paid with his money for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Was very interesting, and it sounds like fun giving away all that dosh...

Although I can imagine Politicians of all flavors being uncomfortable with the CPI, they don't like anyone looking over their shoulder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

DadaKopf wrote: »
    The Centre for Public Enquiry? Was it his? I'm not so sure, but they were certainly funded by Atlantic Philanthropies. It's my understanding that Feeney had a hand in the decision to stop funding,

"His" was a tidy up (edit)meaning the charity org:o

They went after them for reasons that have become very obvious during the passing years

Bertie was right that they had no real right setting it up BUT its a pity it didnt run for a few years, would probably have saved us millions in tribunals

They have 300 billion or something to give away

Chuck if yer out there throw the paddies a million each :rolleyes:

you know it makes sense!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I thought it was a very worthy piece by RTE on an inspirational guy. The Government of the time didn't emerge with any great kudos, pondering as they did for so long to match what amounted to a massive investment in education.
    Columbia Connolly squirming towards the end of the piece was the only lowlight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement