Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical appliances up North?!

Options
  • 05-05-2009 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Im kitting out my house with new appliances...dishwasher,washing machine,fridge freezer, drier etc....does anyone know of any places in northern ireland that would save me money? Any help appreciated! Karl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 modm3

Karlrove wrote: »
    Im kitting out my house with new appliances...dishwasher,washing machine,fridge freezer, drier etc....does anyone know of any places in northern ireland that would save me money? Any help appreciated! Karl

TBH I'm not so sure that there is !

For instance, go online and compare Curry's prices North and South, they appear quite close (TV's anyway). The big savings in the UK market are on the discount websites - who will still deliver to Ireland BTW.

If you're buying a lot of kit, you'll certainly be able to do a good haggle by buying off the one retailer, regardless of where you shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

McElwainnes in Lisnaskea close to Enniskillen. I was up over the weekend through a recommendation on Boards and found them very good. Small electrical shop but good brands; Hotpoint, Zanussi and Miele. He is doing all our kitchen electrical appliances, delivering (to Sligo but will go anywhere in South he was saying) and installing them for us bar the cooker. He also is getting them all in a Graphite colour for us although he had none in store. He done a discount for us too.
    We went to Curry's in Enniskillen after, just out of interest and it worked out more expensive (not a whole lot though) but they said we would have to organise our own courier/lorry and that as we were getting an American Style fridge that it would have to be a large lorry as it needs to be kept upright.
    Would highly recommend Mc Elwainnes as long as you are not looking for a huge range of different brands and model numbers but would like quality appliances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

On electrical goods the difference is very small if anything. Also if anything develops a fault, it will be easier to deal with local store than a store 100km+ away.

Bets thing is to list everything you need and ask both DID, Power City or other retailer to give you a quote.- Power City's website offers discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

go in to your local store and haggle, you will get a good deal.

Be nice about it, just business. The chap behind the counter will give you a far batter price than driving to the north.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Power City is probably your best bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement