Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 21 [4A.M. - 5A.M.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

• 05-05-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Summary:
    While lives remain on the line, an emotional Chloe copes with the declining conditions. With only a few hours left in Jack Bauer's day, the situation worsens when the politicking inside the White House corners the divided administration.

Good episode

A few 24 clichés but sure feck it!
    Saw hodges death comin, but still got a fright! Was expectin him to be sniped somehow. Wonder why the attack went through without the funds. Maybe Martin is framing Olivia for a bigger gain [C'mon, 250k for Jonas [brother] Hodges, thats a bit scabby!
    Subway bein the target was a bit of a letdown, and why would it be so busy before 5am?

Roll on nxt week! woo

How would you rate Hour 21? 24 votes

0% 0 votes
    12% 3 votes
    8% 2 votes
    4% 1 vote
    41% 10 votes
    12% 3 votes
    16% 4 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    4% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

ok episode. more filler than progress.

Hodges, oops... Olivia got herself into a spot of bother. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Olivia got herself into a spot of bother. :D

At least she wont be let off the hook! The prez is dyslexic that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Hmm.....two relatively dull episodes in a row :(. Hopefully the season isn't going to go out in a whimper after what's gone on so far.

It seems they made a mistake in killing off too many characters like Bill and Larry.
    They also made a mistake by not killing off the extremely annoying Janice as the action seems to have bogged down at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Probably the biggest "filler" episode of the season and a very slow pace throughout - fair enough, it might have been needed to establish everything that'll go down in the last 3 hours, but did we need the whole "frame the random Muslim" plot to be elaborated that much? We pretty much knew Tony was going to try to frame him for the attack last episode anyway...

As for Hodges, I do wonder what the impact for Olivia will be... I also wonder if it was actually something Aaron Pierce set up? He kept giving her those concerned glances and seemed to empathize with her that Hodges was going to get off the hook - he might have set it up in the end and her assassin wasn't involved... Yeah, Aaron is a good guy, but Hodges was meant to be a scumbag so maybe he would go that far...

Anyway, still looking forward to the last 3 episodes and I think it'll go out with a bang this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wasn't great tbh, but I might be expecting too much each week considering how good the series has been as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Regarding the death of Hodges;
    I reckon the guy Olivia phoned to have Hodges killed is infact a member of the same organisation of leading figures in the U.S planning to overthrow the country. Hence, why money wasn't an issue, they just needed the info for Hodges whereabouts.

I am sure they will now use Olivia to get at the president now.

In my opinion this episode was a sympathetic one to Muslims. Over the last few years of 24, they have nearly always been on the receiving end of abuse and blame from the writers as the antagonists. Last night's episode was like a tribute to them being blamed for things all the time and people realising it is not always them and they are good people.

However, next week's episode looks like it could be the best of the series. Saw the preview on YouTube.
    Kim on the Train and Jack putting the gun to Tony's head, is pure adrenaline pumped 24 action all the way! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Yeah I agree that they totally dragged out that framing of the Muslim guy.
    They spent way too much time in his apartment, it was boring. Also disappointing that they had "the only lead we have" (yawn) be almost killed by someone so they can end on another cliff-hanger "will he live/will he die" moment. The writers have done that so many times in the past.
    The whole thing with the Imam trying to reach out to Jack was tiresome too. It's like 24 apologising for stereotyping Muslims all the time. Don't think it will cut much ice with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Liber8or wrote: »
    Regarding the death of Hodges;
    I reckon the guy Olivia phoned to have Hodges killed is infact a member of the same organisation of leading figures in the U.S planning to overthrow the country. Hence, why money wasn't an issue, they just needed the info for Hodges whereabouts.

That's what I thought too, she's being set up. I had actually thought that the WitSec officer would be the assassin, still might be considering he used a bomb, but I think that guy was on the scene before Olivia handed over the details.
    lukin wrote: »
    Also disappointing that they had "the only lead we have" (yawn) be almost killed by someone so they can end on another cliff-hanger "will he live/will he die" moment. The writers have done that so many times in the past.

Worse still, the trained mercenary gets taken down by a flash-bang, but the hostage manages to still be standing, smash a picture frame with his bare hands, grab a shard of glass and stab the merc in the neck. Just a tad over the top, no?
    lukin wrote: »
    The whole thing with the Imam trying to reach out to Jack was tiresome too. It's like 24 apologising for stereotyping Muslims all the time. Don't think it will cut much ice with them.

It was a bit too apologetic alright.

Not too bad overall, for pre-finale filler, but not great. About the most average episode of the series, but we'll forgive it that as long as next week, and the 2 hour finale, are worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Have a feelin Aaron blew up the car with hodges in it tbh. Olivia blurted it out to do it but then said sorry & didnt mean it, but he knows she did :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Berns wrote: »
    Have a feelin Aaron blew up the car with hodges in it tbh. Olivia blurted it out to do it but then said sorry & didnt mean it, but he knows she did :P

Could well be the case. Hard to see Aaron going that bad though. We'll see.

I'm still wondering where this storyline is going. Maybe they'll capture Tony at the end and use him for next season to track down 'the group'

One thing about this season, good and all as it is, is that there seems to have been very few civilian casualities as result of terrorist actions. Ok, planes collided but there hasn't been any significant threats or actual deaths inflicted since e.g. like the nuclear bombs in the past etc. I think it detracts from the *ahem* realism. The tension just isn't there on a public level. The main characters meeting their ends has been relatively significant though I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah, and the ultimate threat doesnt seem that big [bioweapon on the subway]

The only real shocking death of a main character this series was Samantha, and Larry

Even Bill's death was clearly scripted. Woulda been better if Jack said he released the gas, so hoped they'd set it off with their own gunfire, so then Bill could just randomly run and do it

Ah well!

Still a whopp season, and dunno what to expect next week

I think Martin is involved with Tony's group, so used Olivia to 1. finish off Mr Tippid :P, and 2. have leverage against her, access to the whitehouse etc
    Roll on, etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

jor el wrote: »
    Worse still, the trained mercenary gets taken down by a flash-bang, but the hostage manages to still be standing, smash a picture frame with his bare hands, grab a shard of glass and stab the merc in the neck. Just a tad over the top, no?
    And I thought he was also within line of sight of the flashbang, yet remained unaffected? Hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am still looking at the possibility of pure coincidence that Hodges was killed by the Head honchos without any real influence from Olivia.

I enjoyed the Muslim stuff, it was a nice change of pace to look at things from different angles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I thought the Muslim cleric scenes were excellent, and a nice apology of sorts by the writers for the frankly xenophobic material in earlier seasons of the show.
    The imam came across as noble, good and had a certain quality very few characters in 24 ever have, grace.
    Can't wait til tomorrow morning to see what happens next.

How could you Tony????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I thought the Muslim cleric scenes were excellent, and a nice apology of sorts by the writers for the frankly xenophobic material in earlier seasons of the show.
    The imam came across as noble, good and had a certain quality very few characters in 24 ever have, grace.
    Can't wait til tomorrow morning to see what happens next.

How could you Tony????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Had the same idea as some of the rest of ye about aaron being behind hodges death... going back to the first series' aaron was always loyal to whomever he served, whether he'd go this far is questionable... i love his character so, in one way i'd love if he would because i'd like to see an extra edge to his character but in another, i'd wouldn't like him to change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Degag wrote: »
    Had the same idea as some of the rest of ye about aaron being behind hodges death... going back to the first series' aaron was always loyal to whomever he served, whether he'd go this far is questionable... i love his character so, in one way i'd love if he would because i'd like to see an extra edge to his character but in another, i'd wouldn't like him to change...

Loyal to the point that he was sh*gging the first lady. I'm not sure President Logan would necessarily agree with you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

Can someone explain to me the rationale behind the bad guys plan? Why are they doing this? I REALLY don't get it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Ask Aaron, as he has been in all the seasons to far I reckon he is the uber-evil mastermind behind everything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm still waiting to we find out what happened to Logan and Martha.

Also next week
    Jack headbuts randomer in the face for bumping into Renee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

silvine wrote: »
    Also next week
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

silvine wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to we find out what happened to Logan and Martha.

Also next week

Can't wait to see that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Good episode, I also enjoyed the Muslim apology! Season Six's initial bad guys were cardboard cut-out Muslim terrorists, it's nice to see what prejudice can lead us to think.

Aaron being bad would be too much, I think. Tony's betrayal is enough, I don't think I could handle any more! I'd also like to know what the story with the Logans is. I imagine Martha was dragged off to a mental institution after her episode, but it'd be nice to have confirmation! And poor Charles, I hope he's still alive!

Hodges' death was a bit meh, we all saw it coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Was decent enough to keep things ticking over. Big finish needed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Aren't Aaron and Martha living together now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Degag wrote: »
    Aren't Aaron and Martha living together now?

They were. When Aaron first spoke to Olivia this season, she said something like "Sorry about what happened to Martha Logan", implying that something happened after she stabbed Charles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DeepBlue wrote: »
    They also made a mistake by not killing off the extremely annoying Janice as the action seems to have bogged down at this stage.

There's still time for that to happen. A CTU server will fall on her. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So this is what it come to.

Hmmm?

They over explained the "framing of the muslim" plot, and Jack's realisation that that was what was happening, of course Jack this season seems to be coming to most of his realisations towards the end of the episode, and then he is off again trying to figure out some other absured plot.

I don't think the writters are ever worried about upsetting anyone so this isn't really an appology since the characters very explicity worked towards finding a muslim which the found and whom lead them to the American Radicals trying to regain Americas pride in the world against the Muslims :rolleyes:

They perhaps shouldn't have gone with such an apperant target of Muslims then Jack might not know that the Mulsim guy is just a scapegoat.

I think they had to kill Hoges, but for a person in protective custody allot of people knew he was still alive, and it didn't help that the President's Daughter told an outsider who told an assasin who possible told the "Skype Terrorist Gang" who then paid the assassin to kill Hoges, and hence putting the blame on the President's Daughter which doesn't help the presidents in the eyes of the public.

5/10 could have been less obivous.

Advertisement