Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rum drinking woes

Options
  • 05-05-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am unfortunate enough to live in Fermoy. I have been drinking my usual Guiness followed by a few Captain Morgan.

My problem comes from Capt. Morgan being replaced by Capt. Morgan Spiced. I have noticed since on a few occasions since that I have ventured into conversations about nice hairdoos, nice pants etc

Could you recomend a new Rum before I become a full time bum-basher?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Go for JD it tastes like rum but is called whiskey. Nyom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Rybka wrote: »

So you're only a part-time beater of the homeless at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rybka

As you would know - the homless are beaten for sport in Fermoy (as per our reasonable Gaa team) - I am more concerned about finding a Manly rum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I heartily enjoy the odd dram of Capt. Morgan's spiced beverage, but I have yet to partake in discussions on the subjects of hair and fashion. Perhaps the problem is closer to home?

You can pour a man's drink down the throat of a Thai ladyboy, but he (she?) will still be a Thai ladyboy. OP, I fear you have deeper issues to attend to than your choice of poison...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Havanna Club, 7 year old or Goslings Black Seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hi guys, I am unfortunate enough to live in Fermoy. I have been drinking my usual Guiness followed by a few Captain Morgan.

My problem comes from Capt. Morgan being replaced by Capt. Morgan Spiced. I have noticed since on a few occasions since that I have ventured into conversations about nice hairdoos, nice pants etc

Get Out.

Any Morgan Scallywag knows it was The Original Spiced Rum.

Good day to you sir.

And Kiera, JD is not just a whiskey, it is a Fine Sippin', Sour Mash Whiskey. And to be fair, is nothing like rum, where we place our Fine Spiced Morgan and the putrid Vodka.

....yeah. I need a drink now.. You both just happened to debase my best 2 liquors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Kiera wrote: »
    Go for JD it tastes like rum but is called whiskey. Nyom!

Real men(and Keira) drink whiskey,grrrrrr:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Lamb's Navy Rum. Goes down especially well when mixed with the blood of a Fermoy virgin, but good luck finding one of those.

FruitLover wrote: »
    I heartily enjoy the odd dram of Capt. Morgan's spiced beverage, but I have yet to partake in discussions on the subjects of hair and fashion. Perhaps the problem is closer to home?

You can pour a man's drink down the throat of a Thai ladyboy, but he (she?) will still be a Thai ladyboy. OP, I fear you have deeper issues to attend to than your choice of poison...

As your name suggests - perhaps you should explore your sexuality - All I was was looking for was a Rum suggestion.

• Advertisement

Real men(and Keira) drink whiskey,grrrrrr:mad:
    I am a real man!

I am a real man!
    Man....I feel like a woman. DAMN YOU SHANIAAAAAAA!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Maybe you should drink doubles like a man? Just a suggestion :)

captain morgans original spiced rum with gingerale and a dash of lime, yum.
    recently tried the same with cranberry juice instead of gingerale on the recommendation of a mate, savage stuff.

Will wrote: »
    Maybe you should drink doubles like a man? Just a suggestion :)

captain morgans original spiced rum with gingerale and a dash of lime, yum.
    recently tried the same with cranberry juice instead of gingerale on the recommendation of a mate, savage stuff.

Is this for real or a joke? I am looking for Rum advice - not how to bend over backwards - though each to their own i suppose......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

try jameson

Is this for real or a joke? I am looking for Rum advice - not how to bend over backwards - though each to their own i suppose......

Its for real, there's no body manipulation involved. I will spell it out for you;

1 - Go to your local
    2 - Find the bar
    3 - Wait at the bar until you are served
    4 - Ask for a drink, as above I recommend double captain morgans with gingerale. Dash of lime if you are feeling adventerous.
    5 - Go to the corner of the bar and sit there on your own
    6 - Repeat steps 1 through 5 until you can no longer walk or run out of money, whichever comes first.

OR

You could just go to a new bar which has the other captain morgans you like. :)

Actually jameson is almost better to sip than JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

As your name suggests - perhaps you should explore your sexuality - All I was was looking for was a Rum suggestion.

I like oranges, and I'm OK with it....

Also, Captain Morgan's is perfectly fine for straight men.

I suppose It's also OK for chocolate highway patrolmen too, if that ends up being your thing...

Overheal wrote: »
    Man....I feel like a woman. DAMN YOU SHANIAAAAAAA!!!!!

Man.....I'am confused:(

My problem exactly - order Captain Morgan - Mans drink.
    Order Captain Morgan Spiced - cut of testicles.

What other Rums are there -
    Lambs - British Navy etc

What is left???...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Overheal wrote: »
    Actually jameson is almost better to sip than JD.

to me jamesons tastes kinda watery compared to a good whiskey like powers :P

Try Sailor Jerrys if ye can find it its along the lines of capt but 90 proof

or if ya can get it the capt 100 proof... soooo goood

I think you need to re-evaluate your goals a bit. You're way too obsessed with homosexual behavior and proving your a 'manly man'

My problem exactly - order Captain Morgan - Mans drink.
    Order Captain Morgan Spiced - cut of testicles.

What other Rums are there -
    Lambs - British Navy etc

What is left???...
    Is your google borked?

Will wrote: »
    I think you need to re-evaluate your goals a bit. You're way too obsessed with homosexual behavior and proving your a 'manly man'

Good God Will. I don't care if I a drinking with a straight, person, lesbian, bi, gay - I don't care. My point was about the lack of decent rums we get here..

Going on about manly rums probably obscured that. Sry.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

omg captain morgan puts me in crazy mode aswell what is in that stuff??????

flynnser19 wrote: »
    omg captain morgan puts me in crazy mode aswell what is in that stuff??????
    A swashbuckling good time, dammit!

Is your google borked?

Perhaps my google is 'borked', but only for Rum searches,

But Jesus, you have the choice of all whiskys/whiskeys and choose JD. Re-align that search.

But Jesus, you have the choice of all whiskys/whiskeys and choose JD. Re-align that search.

HEY!!!Jack could kick Morgans ass any day!!He's not even a real captain ffs!!Keira,back me up here!

:pac:

That could be an internet challenge - last to mash keyboard we assume is alive!

• Advertisement

That could be an internet challenge - last to mash keyboard we assume is alive!

I have a bottle of Jack on stand-by for these situations:pac:

Advertisement