Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon Ixus 100is

• 05-05-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting this camera after reading some decent reviews on it

Cheapest I can find other than ebay is Jessops so my try to get it in Belfast

Use it at games and for holidays. Currently have a Canon Powershot sd630 and its the big screen I like

So can anyone recommend this camera and what are its good v bad points also any other places to get it ? Tried Pixmania and about the same price and heard good and bad things about them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

The purpose of this information isn't to educate you about cameras or suggest ones that may address your needs; it's to show you that there are probably far better avenues of inquiry for your problem than blindly asking vague questions on a message board.

First and foremost: Google; you'll probably find an answer to your question much faster if you actually look for one as opposed to wait and hope someone provides one for you. Also, there is already a sticky called "FAQs - Read this before posting!!!" that contains much information you will probably find useful including the first item, titled "What camera should I buy?".

If you have a general inquiry about what kind of camera might be appropriate for your needs: there is already a huge amount of information available on what kind of camera may be right for you. At time of writing, the first two results are "How to Buy a Digital Camera" and "Should you buy a DSLR or Point and Shoot Digital Camera?"; this information probably addresses any sort of generic question you may have about buying a digital camera.

If you have an enquiry about a specific model of camera or about what model of camera may be appropriate for your needs and budget: consult Amazon. Amazon maintains a list of their most popular cameras and also offers information on and reviews of a vast number of cameras. If you want to know what others think of a camera: search for it on Amazon and read the reviews.

It is important to understand that there are a huge number of models of cameras, particularly smaller, cheaper, consumer-level cameras. It is very, very unlikely that someone who frequents this message board has had extensive experience with the exact model of camera you are considering buying and will be able to provide any information other than a cursory opinion on whether or not it may meet a specific requirement you have stipulated.

If you honestly believe you have reasonably exhausted several rational lines of inquiry your question is most welcome, but please try and make it as specific and informative as possible with regards to your existing knowledge in the matter, budget, and needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I did try google and found some reviews on it also listen to the podcast on Newstalk and also checked amazon uk were there is only one review

Ok left out budget willing to spend in the region of €250. Also checked places to buy Camera in sticky and also mentioned my current camera so users could see what I have currently and was looking for better then this and upgrade

Apologies for not reading the FAQ but I was just requesting information and you never know there maybe someone out there who has this camera or wants to give their opinion, good or bad on this

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Irish Gunner this is a good camera http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/831793/art/canon/digital-ixus-90-is.html actually nicer design than the new ixus 100is and for something a with great focal range try this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Lumix-TZ6-Digital-Camera/dp/B001T0H0J4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241641302&sr=8-1 personally I would go for the panasonic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

The camera has come down in price on pixmania...might go for it myself
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2411966/art/canon/digital-ixus-100-is-black.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

There seems to be very little between a lot of the ixus models (aside from maybe a few extra megapixels which sin't a big sway) which is confusing me. I mean I can't really see any difference between the ixus 100 and the ixus 95?? (aside from megapixels) or even some of the older model?? or am I just being stupid?

• Advertisement
Advertisement