Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just to clear this up - are Carnival and Dicey's on Harcourt street the same club?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Are Carnival nightclub and Dicey's beer garden on Harcourt street the same? I have wondered this since last summer when I went in the upstairs door of Carnival and found myself in Dicey's beer garden instead. I eventually found my way inside and realized that it was, in fact, Carnival. I had always thought they were two separate clubs, can anyone clear that up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Not at all, stop your nonsence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PadrigoCass

Yeah I had the same problem. It can be confusing, especially with drink..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are they not on different sides of the street? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

No, if they're not the same club then they're literally right next to eachother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Carnival is on Wexford St....

http://www.dublinks.com/maps/Carnival

....and Dicey's is on Harcourt St. (Dicey's is part of the Russel Court Hotel).....

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/diceyreillys_map.html

They are on totally different streets.

OP, are you on about two different pubs altogether? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Knifey that's an old link as Carnival on Wexford St is gone nearly 2 years now (and badly missed). What sits in it's place now is some weird jiggerypokery paddywhackery style oirish pub the likes of which you seldom would see this side of the Rhine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

humberklog wrote: »
    Knifey that's an old link as Carnival on Wexford St is gone nearly 2 years now (and badly missed). What sits in it's place now is some weird jiggerypokery paddywhackery style oirish pub the likes of which you seldom would see this side of the Rhine.

It's gone!!??....2 years!!??

I really need to open my eyes more when walking around town! :)

Advertisement